Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: August 2021
Guidelines for Lore Questions
1) You are limited to one question per topic. You may ask follow-up questions related to your initial question provided they are mainly 'yes' or 'no' questions.  For instances where you are clarifying lore details, or for minor questions, it is recommended to ask in the #lore-questions Discord channel instead of in this thread.
2) Questions should avoid being overly specific when the topic is unknowns. (IE: Was anyone on Sigrogana ever killed with a spoon? Has there ever been a scandal involving a noble family on Kysei?) For this reason, it's best to ask questions pertaining to subjects that already have some establishment in the lore.
3) Avoid asking questions on the basis that you are trying to invalidate someone's RP or otherwise harrass them, etc. If you have concerns that someone may not be RPing properly, or has an outlandish concept, please take them to a GM in private.
4) Refrain from asking questions that have always been answered. Use the forum search function, view the lore compendium, or the wiki pages for the specific races (both on wikia and this site's wiki) to double check.
5) If you notice any contradictions in answers, you are welcome to point them out. Note that established lore may be rewritten as time passes based on necessity or desire.

Expectation For Answers
Questions may be answered at any time, but the general expectation is that all questions will be answered during the first week of the following month. Answers will be added to the lore compendium, which will be updated after the topic is closed.
You've been doing really awesome with answering lore questions. I'm glad this format is working out for you. On to my next question OTM:

You mentioned specific magical tattoos that could abate/restrict usage of a certain domain last month. My question is: does the Church have a higher form of this tattoo that could drastically limit or limit enough the usage of Mercana on one who has been dubbed an abuser, but really didn't abuse Mercana for the purposes of evil (intentionally or otherwise) (evil being: those who use Mercana to heal their villainous grunts, or to create monstrosities, or (in less extreme cases but still questionable) those who heal an entire town and refuse to cease their abuse after being warned, and continue to do so anyway without any real ill intent)? If so, how would it be dispelled, if at all (if one were able to dispel it anyway/would want to risk it)?

I'm only asking because since we know Mercala values life above all, I think it's important to see if the Church has other methods in play to handle abusers that are worthy of being judged/flagged by a Church Knight, other than potentially putting them to the sword or incarcerating them.

I totally understand why the Church wouldn't employ any method of utterly removing Mercana from someone though, since I imagine Mercala sees it as a gift from her to mortal-kind, even though it can be abused (quoth your fire analogy many moons ago). Sorry my question is so complicated.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
HI I HAVE DORIAD QUESTIONS :)

- Do Doriads have any further communication with their forest compared to normal plants? (Not in the "I can see ALL", but know when things are damaged and etc.)
- Are Doriads technically related to other Doriads in any way? Are Doriads from the same forest "related"?
- Do Doriads that come from certain flowers/trees have the smell of that plant (if applicable)? (Air mentions Doriads smelling like flowers, I'm pretty sure.)
- Does Song of Nature work ICly the same way as mechanically - that they can just grow flowers out of the ground from thin air?
- If a Doriad gets amnesia, would it be possible for them to remember things from their forest as they do when first born if they were returned there?
- Are Doriads and Alraune connected at all?
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
has a chimp ever escaped
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
If Karaten wants to capture and study Papillions, how do they get out of Kysei?
Do Papillions need to avoid all mage guild locations to avoid high risk of capture, or just Karaten itself?
What's a general idea of the process of becoming a High Mage in Karaten? (Would there be a lot of paperwork, examples of accomplishments required, etc?)

Would it be possible for a Papilion to become one, and what would the reaction be to one trying / possibly succeeding?
[Image: unknown.png]
How many Sun's Ichor survived the Church Knight's purging, and what would the general church response be to finding out there are still living members?
Dragon time.

1) What's the Mercalan church's official take on Ryart? Was he a happy little accident they'd mention then try to brush under the rug or an important part of Mercala's lore and also considered worthy of worship?

2) Is Hyatt believed to have come from the Dragon Mirror?

3) Is Bai Kai?

4) Do the general populaces see dragons, outside of the aforementioned, as just really large monsters crazy people might try to hunt rather than semi-divine beings?
Do Chimeras retain any memories from what may have been used in the fusion component of their creation?

Like say if something used in the fusion was a knight of some kind, would the chimera carry any of the memories of that person.
Regarding each of Mercala's Voices throughout history, is there any formalized training given to them by The Church? Proper etiquette/social skills as an example.

Like wise how much care is given into recording each individual Voice? Are each of them meticulously documented in the annals of history by scribes or is there not much effort put into it?
Munch