Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.49] Crest Breaking
I was doing some Aquamancer testing on the prinny, and after a few turns, all of my spells started hitting resist procs. Considering that the prinny has no innate resists, I knew something was fishy. After doing some testing, I narrowed it down to crest break and idol combo being the cause.

I've determined:

1. Crest Break + idol gives resist proc against all spells. Non-spell sources such as basics do NOT hit resists, since idol aren't applied to those.
2. Crest Break and idol individually do not cause the issue.

Log info (The first attack is at crest 8, the second at crest 9 for Crest Break):

AmalgamaZerg used Water Dragon.

System: Debug: Aquaphobia was the casting tool.

System: Debug: Total Power for Water Dragon / was 243.4.

Prinny takes 194 Darkness magical damage. (Water Dragon / Aquaphobia)

System: Debug: Rolling wound: with a chance of 13.7%

System: * Initial Damage: 243.4 Darkness Magic, flags: magic, sk: Water Dragon (/obj/skill/spell/aquamancer/water_dragon) , wep: Aquaphobia / /obj/items/equip/weapon/tomes/aquaphobia * play_atk_anim was . * 0 Evade VS 233 Hit. *2 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit. *1 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit. * Critical check: Defender was critical immune or crit_multi was 0. (243.4) * armor was allowed. armor_reduc was 0. (243.4) * spec_flat_reduc was 0. (243.4) * amp_multi was 1. (243.4) * reduc_multi was 100. (243.4); 0 MAG DEF, PHYS DEF, 100 REDUC * elem_reduc was 20. (194.72) * Damage caps applied. (194.72) * Damage shields applied. (194.72) * Final damage was: 194.

--- ROUND 4 ---

AmalgamaZerg recovered 10 HP.

AmalgamaZerg recovered 12 FP.

AmalgamaZerg's turn.

System: Debug: Checking cost negation effects.

AmalgamaZerg used Water Dragon.

System: Debug: Aquaphobia was the casting tool.

System: Debug: Total Power for Water Dragon / was 244.7.

Resist! Prinny takes 171 Darkness magical damage. (Water Dragon / Aquaphobia)

System: Debug: Rolling wound: with a chance of 12.55%

System: * Initial Damage: 244.7 Darkness Magic, flags: magic, sk: Water Dragon (/obj/skill/spell/aquamancer/water_dragon) , wep: Aquaphobia / /obj/items/equip/weapon/tomes/aquaphobia * play_atk_anim was . * 0 Evade VS 233 Hit. *2 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit. *1 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit. * Critical check: Defender was critical immune or crit_multi was 0. (244.7) * armor was allowed. armor_reduc was 0. (244.7) * spec_flat_reduc was 0. (244.7) * amp_multi was 1. (244.7) * reduc_multi was 100. (244.7); 0 MAG DEF, PHYS DEF, 100 REDUC * elem_reduc was 30. (171.29) * Damage caps applied. (171.29) * Damage shields applied. (171.29) * Final damage was: 171.

Sorry for double post, but got more important info.

The problem actually appears to be that idol and Crest Break are doing the opposite of what's intended, and are GIVING more elemental resistance rather than reducing it (idol 20 + crest break 10 would mke the prinny 30% resistant to all elements). You can see this by simply unequipping idol and comparing the damage, as the idol-less attack will end up doing more.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
This has been corrected.