Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A change to Poison and Burn.
It should be noted that Poison and Burn do basically the exact same thing, a turn based damage status effect that deals damage every turn, that's great, its a staple among most RPGs, however I believe that there could be a possible change to give it a bit more interesting elements other than "Hah, now you're taking damage every turn."

Generally poisons kick in faster when the victim is moving, and after a while impedes movement, so I propose that poison damage be lowered, however it lowers the Victim's move by 1(or several depending on the poison level) and doubles the damage of the poison if the target moved in the same turn.

Burns hurt, and when anywhere on your body is burnt taking sudden movements can hurt even more, I propose lowering burn damage, but making it so the target using an attack or melee skill while burnt will double the burn damage.

A few other suggestions could be made but it seems like this could be a fun addition to two rather dull statuses and giving players a way to strategize, adapt and counter play those statuses, thanks for reading.
Burn negates any boosts to defense. Aka, "WAAH I'M ON FIYA SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT"

And poison is not dealing that much damage on its own currently. And since almost all classes got some sort of a skill that moves them, it'd not be hard to move that much. Also with Menovs fang, it'd be insanely OP. (Read : artillery.)

No.

To further explain my insanely OP comment, Wretched oil. It severely limits, or even removes your movement options. And well, then the hexer can just nuke you from afar. Setup hexes. Do shit like that. It'd heavily fuck over anyone using melee without specialized movement skills. And with this, shit like repel, sidecuts, etc even melee vs melee would be horrible.

(Don't get me wrong. As a poison user, I'd just love this to happen. I'd utterly destroy people. But that's why it's bad.)

Edit : Poisoning and moving away. That sort of thing. Rinse and repeat.
No. No. -And no-.

Burn does quite enough on it's own already, being as Sarinpa stated, negating any boosts to defense. Which is a big thing if using a spell-blade, or just fighting a 2v2 and one of your enemies is a Tank with your ally being a melee build.

Poison. No. Just...no. For one, while I do enjoy seeing a realistic look on poisons finally, have to agree with the comment stated above. Menov's Fang and Poison would make such a combination practically unstoppable less you are a Glykin, Dulhan, or Wyvertouched. Would admit, Hexers would have a real field day with throwing around wretched oil.

And do not get me started on how Poison + Menov's Fang already is able to utterly decimate most tanks to a point beyond any natural recovery. Really, it's able to take down enough HP of about most people with decent vitality.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!