Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katanas in GR2
I'm loving 2.49 personally, But i have a question....

Fuuma has Basic scaling(100% str) which is fine
Every Elemental Katana has Finesse(70% str, 30% ski), which is a great change imo.

But i'm wondering why....
RAIJIN, An already meta Katana has the Electrical tag(70% str, 40% luck)
why?????????

I can live with it having 110% scaling if you remove its 10% lightning resist.
On that note, Give sogensara a 110% scaling tag as well(Havent seen a sogensara post 2.49 so idk what its scaling even is now)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yashatari's post:
  • Akame
Yeah no I'm firmly in disagreement here, Every other elemental weapon outside of these elemental katana's gets to scale off their element instead of just 100% strength.

I don't think you undsrtand how the scaling's work, there isn't a 110% or 120% scaling tag each tag has their own + and - to the base 100 scaling

Most elemental tags are either -20+30 or -30+40

Finesse gets the odd privlege of being -30+30

The Katana's that are not raijin should get
Sanjin>changed to Cunning
Yukijin>changed to Cold
Sogensara>Finnese+Cold
Hakouen> Finesse or Spiritual
Kouenjin > Fire+Finesse or just fire
Akujin >Darkness or Darkness+Finesse
Hisen >Cunning, Spiritual or cunning + spiritual.
@lolzy
My guy, Im talking about this.... Do you even read? Or are you that salty that GR2 happened?

Kouenjin - http://prntscr.com/1qh1vcr
Finesse, 70/30
Yukijin - http://prntscr.com/1qh1wal
Finesse, 70/30
Akuijin - http://prntscr.com/1qh1ske
Finesse, 70/30
Sanjin - http://prntscr.com/1qh1t6t
Finesse, 70/30
Raijin - http://prntscr.com/1qh1u6s
Electrical, 70/40 <- This, Right here. I'm asking WHY????????? Why is this one elemental sword different?
I have 90 swa with the other 4, but 94 swa with raijin. and luck is my lowest of the 3 stats between str, ski and luck.

I'm not talking about your stupid idea, I'm saying... Raijin should either also be finesse like the others, Or its lightning resist should be removed to justify the higher scaling. It should not have the same amount of resistance AND higher scaling. Even with finesse tag, it will still be one of the better options.

If you have a suggestion for the katanas, Sure go ahead and make your own thread. But right now, I'm asking an important question.
I'm talking about a SINGULAR katana, Not revamping all of them like you want. The update was supposed to bring all weapons in line with each other. My guess is Dev either thought it was a good idea to keep it meta(Which i'd question why even harder) Or he simply forgot he gave all the others the finesse tag and made an oopsie.

Let me emphasize again, LUCK IS MY LOWEST STAT, SKI>STR>LUCK SO WHY?????????????? IS THE RAIJIN BETTER FOR ME?????????
 I repeat, The scaling is fine with electrical IF he removes the lightning resist. If the Lightning resist remains, The tag needs to become Finesse.
It should NOT be an all powerful option choice.
Quick Edit, Just noticed raijin has 8 more base than the others, But my opinion remains.
Yes I am aware of the of GR 2, I was quite active in its testing.

My Opinion is that you are being stupid, not I. Other elemental weapons NOT the other elemental katanas just as Ymir scales COLD 70/40 str/skill.

All the elemental katana's should be changed to either their element like raijin or finesse+their element as it already proven that weapons can have multiple tag's stacked on for unique scalings.

Your suggestion would make raijin as useless as akujin is right now by removing its on hit element's stat from the scaling disenfranchising building that element.

We don't need reasons to justify higher scalings anymore, if anything we need a thread going over why finesse isn't -30+40 like other similar tags.
You're blowing this WAY out of proportion dude.
I'm able to clear most, if not all content in the game atm just fine with a finesse yukijin and still viable at pvp.
I was fine clearing out Black beasts with the Yukijin, Doing the mountain, Lorywell tomb, Even against level 60-70 barghests THAT RESIST ICE have given me little problem outside poison, Which i can cure. Finesse is fine and is viable.

The on hit elemental effect doesn't even work with kensei skills anyway, Unless you're basic attacking or using Wazabane.

Finesse is fine, Katanas have always been 100% scaling anyway.
Pre GR2, Fuuma was still 100% str
Raijin was 30str, 30ski, 40 luck, <This is why it was so meta, You could have basically 0 str and get more optimal stats.
I agree, Its a nerf to raijin overall, But it's not leagues better than every other katana now.
Yukijin was 60 str 40 skill(Which was better scaling for my build, since im 60 ski, 40 str pre and post GR2)
Even with ^^^^^^^ That nerf, 60>70str and 40>30 skill, My damage is still fine. Im still sitting at 120 swa.(123 to be exact)
What you're suggesting is basically "Undo the changes to weapon scaling and put them back to pre GR2"
NO!
Str was always one of the weakest stats and dev found a way to make it viable and mandatory for melee classes.
I dont want to see people running around with claymores while having 4 scaled str putting all their points into more optimal stats.

Let me give you some advice, Take a step back from your computer, Take a deep breath, Relax.
Now, Try to think of the bigger picture.
Yes, Its a big change, Yes alot of people are going to be unhappy with how precise they've mixmaxed a flawed system. Yes, Alot of things are probably still going to be changed. You probably won't like those either seeing how much you're overreacting.

Here's an idea, Go make your own thread in the suggestions tab about your idea.

I personally wouldn't mind a buff to katanas overall, But it's just not needed right now. Sogensara having 110% scaling would be nice, Because then it'd have something over Yukijins 10% ice resist.
Resist series katanas should remain with 10% resist and 100% scaling.
Elemental katanas that have 110% scaling shouldn't have resist on top.

GR2 is a change for the better, You need to give it time to pan out.
Umm I love GR2....Oh and I already did make that suggestion, but really I think you're wrong about this, go hop on the test server and look at every.single.weapon and learn how the scaling tag system works properly.

Throw away your conceptions of past scaling totals and look at how everything works now as current. Every.Single.Weapon. starts at 100% scaling, then gets changed by their tags. Every weapon starts completely scaling on Strength, Guile or Will now.

No weapon at all is balanced around having -10% total scaling for a neat passive bonus on the weapon, Only weapons deemed as tools, which get the Tool scaling tag are remotely similar to this concept.

Finally this is not an attempt at minmaxing, Objectively, Raijin's current scaling is absolute garbage, Luck is in a rough place right now, it doesn't give hit or evade anymore and Having 70/40 luck is worse than having 70/30 skill. The same build that want's raijin's luck would still need to invest at minimum 55 scaled skill in the current conditions on the server, with none of that going towards damage. A skill scaling weapon gets damage from their hit stat and can afford to put less points into their luck, freeing up points for survivability.

I am however fond of weapons having bad scalings if its thematic with their element. Which is why I would prefer to see Sanjin and Akujin lose their skill scaling for Guile and Res, while seeing Yukijin and Kouenjin lean more towards their elements to differentiate them from each other.
Luck isn't in a rough place, The fuck are you smoking? Removing hit and evade from luck is a good thing.
You still get crit and crit evade, People who want to dodge or hit things don't need to consider luck now to get that extra 40 against dodge whores or hit whores, Allowing more flexability into their builds. With luck being changed to how it is now, Im actually a bit worse off because im going to get hit more, But so what? My builds still viable, Just got to learn the new system and make some minor tweaks.

Also, You can stop boasting about playing the test server, Yes i get it, You understand the system a little better. But the new systems only been out for like a week tops, Stop flaunting like you're somehow a master of how it works already.

I'm not the one that needs to drop my "conceptions of past scaling totals" You need to stop acting entitled and priveledged, You DO NOT know everything, Neither do i. I lost the same 40 hit and evade like everyone else dude, I'm fully aware of the effect.
I agree with the OP, all the elemental katanas should be bumped up to 110% like Raijin, and get their elemental tags back.
(08-24-2021, 07:07 PM)Tanasinn Wrote: I agree with the OP, all the elemental katanas should be bumped up to 110% like Raijin, and get their elemental tags back.
Im the OP, and i was suggesting a nerf to Raijin down to 70/30.

You're actually agreeing with lolzy
I think raising the scaling to 110% is not a bad idea, but here's another one.

Finesse is -30% +30% in a stat for a ton of weapons, why not also have finesse weapons obtain more critical damage to match the theming, like +10% Critical damage aside from cases like Stinger/Battleaxe/Etc.