Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Edit] Remove crafting fees in general
(09-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Jeff Wrote: Presumably if you've legend extended, you're not a brand new player and you can afford a slightly higher tax rate. The house rental isn't a big deal; even a casual can afford 2800 mural every two weeks.

I know you don't like having to throw money into the ether, but it's necessary.
With the amount of housing still available outside of Sigrogana mainland, I see housing taxes as just an additional nuisance and as was already stated, shifts attention from the rp aspects of popular venues towards the mechanical element and personally I don't like that idea.

It's true that when you pass a certain threshold murai rarely matters, but again, personally, I find that to be a good thing, as wealthier individuals are more prone to splurg on something that enhances rp, whether it is upgrades to venues, paying employees or simply donating to causes or people.

When it comes to increasing tax as people LE, I also find that to be a bad idea. Even my most recent character had gone through four LE's before I'd broken 10k murai and still bounces around under that value for the most part, though mainly due to heavy rp focus over crafting

There seems to be this idea that having a lot of murai is a bad thing, but unlike irl, people with vast sums aren't acquiring it at the detriment of others, murai is initially generated from the world itself, so the idea of 'eat the rich' shouldn't really apply. I do however believe there should be more murai sinks, just not in regards to crafting or tax, as cutting fish with murai, breaking it in the process, seems silly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Waive crafting fee for portable crafting tables - by Imotepchief - 09-08-2021, 02:48 PM