Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai are now dead
Per title. After the update, most youkai have become incapable of getting past common evade values, with Suzaku being the only plausible survivor to these recent changes.

I'd really love to see something done about this, since this has hurt plenty of Summoner builds.
I'd be fine with most youkai only having a 20-40% hit rate vs high end evade builds, with a few high skill options available.
(09-06-2021, 04:22 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I'd be fine with most youkai only having a 20-40% hit rate vs high end evade builds, with a few high skill options available.

The exact numbers here would likely be needing roughly 230 - 250 hit to achieve these numbers, as a helpful reference. I believe ice youkai should be at the tip or above that most of all, as well as potentially Phase Python
(09-06-2021, 05:34 AM)Autumn Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 04:22 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I'd be fine with most youkai only having a 20-40% hit rate vs high end evade builds, with a few high skill options available.

The exact numbers here would likely be needing roughly 230 - 250 hit to achieve these numbers, as a helpful reference. I believe ice youkai should be at the tip or above that most of all, as well as potentially Phase Python

230-250 hit would be too high I feel for the average youkai to reach. An evade build usually has around 140-150 evade without factoring buffs, yeah? 230 hit would mean that the youkai already has 80 hit on a 150 evade person without buffs. While this isn't too bad sounding when you consider that buffs could bring that number as low as 30, youkai in the past have been notorious for being very spammable and just a pain to deal with. Youkai can eat MK, disengage, and many other one use evade buffs which can become disasterous when that's what many non-cheese evade builds utilize to stay alive. 

I think solutions to the youkai hit problem that are not direct hit buffs should be considered here, as I absolutely hated the youkai flood of the old system. A few ideas I've heard here and there are calibrate skills like bots have, or even castable hit buffs for youkai on base summoner. These kind of changes would slow the rate a summoner can flood the board without being punished by having youkai who can't hit, and make it more fair.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Snake
Maybe 'especially Phase Python'. Its technique is a basic hit. Oof.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(09-06-2021, 05:34 AM)Autumn Wrote:

if we go with numbers like, whenever things like debuffing get properly rained in youkai would -never- miss.

I'm just going to say this Topic is nail number 5 in why we need a new hit formula that stat squishes high and low, hit and evade totals.