Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
I'm here to make an actual short post (love you fern <3)

this feels like some weird attempt to "return to fire emblem" but in the worst ways. Glancing blows are like the reverse of truehit in 2RN fire emblem in that your real hit rate- for the purpose of doing relevant damage and being able to inflict effects, at least- rounds in a middling way. If you have a small chance to hit, well, you could still get a glancing blow and deal a teensy bit o' damage. If you have a high chance, strap in and be ready to get disappointed cause chances are that 80% hit chance is probably more like 61 for a clean hit.

yeah I don't really like it.

I'm with fern in the sense that I think the evade portion of the balance survey was sorely lacking. I selected glancing blows with a written caveat that as it was I thought it would be unpleasant, but none of the options seemed really any good.

Regardless of whether it's difficult to do, I think reverting the failed changes until a better solution can be found would be best.
[-] The following 4 users Like Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Autumn, Illumi, Lewdcifer, Miller

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-31-2021, 03:39 AM