Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
On the topic of tweaking the system, rather than buffing it, I don't mind if tweaks are made and things are fixed and made better in that way - so long as things are better. But that's not what I take issue with - it's the fact that it was declared as if it was fact that there was literally NO other option. Nobody aside from Dev is in any position to be telling people to rule out options.

And for people saying to have faith - we're here in balance fu trying to get things changed for a reason. Solely relying on blind faith and nothing more would mean saying nothing and just trusting that Dev knows exactly what he's doing as far as balance is concerned without any input whatsoever - and I must not be the only one who can not 100% say I do. This is where we discuss what's wrong and what we want to see change, not where we cross our fingers and hope it gets better.

On my part, I believe that a system that is inherently frustrating and motivation ruining, such as this one, is not one you should so readily be willing to say "Let's just get used to it". In it's current state, it needs changes. We can get used to the system when the system starts being healthy for the game.

In situations like the first great reckoning, what happened was ultimately healthy for the game in the end. But as it is, we're a few patch note posts away from anything "healthy" with this. A kind of defense stat so good people are more interested in subverting it entirely than playing into it. The evade system currently runs on numbers that lie to your face - which there are very much suggestions for, of course. High durability, protection from inflictions, critical momentum, the potential to dodge entirely - all contained within a single stat.

We were calling out for build diversity, but we are so, so far short of it right now. And it hurts so much seeing the wide reaching pain of the community as I hear of people suffering and feeling miserable trying to retool themselves, the characters they like, and the builds they came with into a new system.

We're playing a game, and when that game isn't fun, people aren't going to sit and wait weeks for it to become fun. I don't see why it would be any different here. But unlike every triple A game ever, we have a voice here. So expect frustration, expect people wanting to go back.

The people posting here are the people who are willing to believe their words might change SOMETHING. And they have different desires about the end goal - what it looks like.

It would be nice for people to try not to tell others to stop having their own desires on how to see the system fixed until those desires are completely shot down.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 3 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Illumi, Miller, Mr.SmileGod

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by WaifuApple - 09-05-2021, 01:50 AM