Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
(09-05-2021, 12:51 AM)Autumn Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 12:08 AM)Snake Wrote: (...)

(...)

Dismissing the thoughts and opinions of everyone in the thread so easily is a very poor decision to be making. There is no ungrateful part in saying that the vast majority of the update; evasion and accuracy rebalances, and systems is good, except for this one part which ruins the experience.
It wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular but the ones who'd inevitably feel offended to be asked to 'hit the brakes a sec' for wilding with their opinions. Not once I said the OP is wrong. What I find wrong is wanting to go back and 'period' just because they lost their cheesy dodgetank autohit builds, fallenharn 'rookies' or broken mage builds (which are still broken, thanks to things that are not being addressed because people wanna 'go back') at the flick of an index.

The 'go back' mentality kind of limits people from gaining a distaste for particular things, and look at it as a whole. In very little time when most got burned out of repeating that, we discovered better ways to ease the load on things, such as the 'glorious' idea to make Glancing Blows only happen if the first check is not a Hit. That's just the beginning and I wish I could fan the idea more.

I'm with you, Amber. Maybe a step over to the point where I wanna continue believing "blindly" as some say up there, that this will get somewhere better over time. Going back shouldn't be considered just yet. I think this system still has walls to be hit. The feel of a 'full evade' is very rewarding, makes sense for the meaning of the word 'evade', and at the very least should be more significant in PvE scenarios, if people hate so much to not do any damage to some speedy gonzales.

The only thing that's making this ride 'bumpy' is the fact we can't reach a fair consensus without another survey. Yike.

Hate how I'm being crucified when I was the one who put up like 6-7 balance-fu threads and didn't get more than a single reply on each. Shows how much the care fluctuates. I've tackled the points, just not in a single thread. After everyone's own opinions about it rather than condensing things into huge walls per post of people saying the same thing and not being helpful. Me included.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Snake - 09-05-2021, 02:59 AM