Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great(sword) Days
I'd like to propose the addition of a few minor weapon parts, and a modifier to an existing one-

Huge Blade: -10 Hit, -10 Crit, +10 Weight. +1 Range. Makes weapon count as a Greatsword.

Huge Spearhead: -10 Hit, -10 Crit, +10 Weight. +1 Range. Makes weapon count as a Greatspear.

Huge Axehead: -10 Hit, -10 Crit. +10 Weight. +1 Range. Makes weapon count as a Greataxe.

I feel these additions wouldn't exactly shake up the meta or anything. But it'd make a lot of flavor available such as Kensei/BK with a huge blade katana for a proper nodachi, or just let us get more money out of the Grandmaster skill without using some of the subpar -great weapons. Especially with how damaging the hit loss on the parts themselves are.
[-] The following 5 users Like Entropy's post:
  • Akame, Fern, Jeff, Mewni, Snake
As a Nodachi Kensei that uses Huge Blade for flavor I approve of this, even if I was forced to change from a huge blade because the crippling effect of it was even worse at this new system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
Approve the idea but maybe tone down the penalties. Also, none of greatweapons have extra range naturally.
(09-07-2021, 07:02 PM)Mikuel Wrote: Approve the idea but maybe tone down the penalties. Also, none of greatweapons have extra range naturally.
The Huge Blade is already in the game, and already does all those things other than make a weapon count as a greatsword. The rest of the suggestions are clearly modelled after it.

This sounds like a good idea, even if only for flavor. We have so very little that interacts with weapon subtypes that anything that allows any synergy of it is great.
(09-07-2021, 06:41 PM)Mewni Wrote: As a Nodachi Kensei that uses Huge Blade for flavor I approve of this, even if I was forced to change from a huge blade because the crippling effect of it was even worse at this new system.
if this went through as is, your katana's would cease being katana's if they had a hugeblade due to the way subtyping works. This would break katana master, increase kensei skill momentum cost and disable hidden cuts.
Oho... Not bad a suggestion, I say.

But you forgot the +10 Power they all should have in exchange, lmfao. Slap that on or else they will all collectively suck.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Right, forgot the power. My B.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Entropy's post:
  • Snake
(09-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Entropy Wrote: Right, forgot the power. My B.
They still did not do eet