Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kensei Skills in GR2
So leaving many of my gripes with GR2 aside, I've come to make a thread about Kensei.

We see many classes with a very versatile kit; what with Void Assassin having a kit that caters to mages and basic attackers both, Ghosts complimenting sword and axe users, Black Knight complimenting pretty much everything, and so on.
So I figured, why not give a slightly similar treatment to Kensei?

My suggestion is simple: make offensive Kensei skills cost 3 momentum by default and remove the momentum reduction condition if using a Katana.
This would open up many new routes for Kensei and grant it a much greater versatility and presence, making it that much more fun to use. Many important parts of its kit (Blade Barrier, Katana Master, Kensei combos, etc.) are already locked behind Katanas anyway, so I'd dare say it'll be fine.
(09-20-2021, 07:32 AM)Lewdcifer Wrote: So leaving many of my gripes with GR2 aside, I've come to make a thread about Kensei.

We see many classes with a very versatile kit; what with Void Assassin having a kit that caters to mages and basic attackers both, Ghosts complimenting sword and axe users, Black Knight complimenting pretty much everything, and so on.
So I figured, why not give a slightly similar treatment to Kensei?

My suggestion is simple: make offensive Kensei skills cost 3 momentum by default and remove the momentum reduction condition if using a Katana.
This would open up many new routes for Kensei and grant it a much greater versatility and presence, making it that much more fun to use. Many important parts of its kit (Blade Barrier, Katana Master, Kensei combos, etc.) are already locked behind Katanas anyway, so I'd dare say it'll be fine.
this agreeable but still doesn't solve the dichotomy of katana's at the moment, where they scale lower than similar weapons.

Sanjin should scale the same as buzzing chakram, Kouenjin the same as Gel'naia, Sogensara and Yukijin should scale the same as Icebreaker, Akujin should scale the same as Evil club.

Other than those changes finesse feels bad because its not equal to every non gimp scaling tag.
I'm pretty sure your point is completely irrelevant to the post being made and should probably be suited towards it's own. It's not about katanas being bad, it's about making the class itself more versatile.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
The OP's suggestion is not a half bad.

Making it so you can utilize Kensei techniques with normal swords, but have Katanas make you really efficient at utilizing them would be rad. It removes the class's lack of versatility while keeping Katanas the prime choice in all situations.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]