Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealing from robin hood.
Stolen Ranger spells should be castable with generic casting tools, instead of requiring the spell thief to use a bow.

From my understanding Spellthiefs flash their yugioh cards to cast their spells.

and before "muh balance"

spellthiefs don't get annorum so they lose half the effectiveness of these spells anyway.
I'd be fine with this, except cherry blossom would become a new meta staple stolen spell for how strong its passive effect is in team fights. Honestly, without annornum, these spells are largely inferior to the equivalent options in evoker and other classes that this change would only add a single relevant spell to the ST lineup (which I'd rather not deal with on a class already as good as it is).

If ST should get more spell access, I think runes might be a better direction to look, as they provide some helpful utility that often goes unutilized due to beyblade/explosion rune stacks.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
(09-20-2021, 09:14 PM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: I'd be fine with this, except cherry blossom would become a new meta staple stolen spell for how strong its passive effect is in team fights. Honestly, without annornum, these spells are largely inferior to the equivalent options in evoker and other classes that this change would only add a single relevant spell to the ST lineup (which I'd rather not deal with on a class already as good as it is).

If ST should get more spell access, I think runes might be a better direction to look, as they provide some helpful utility that often goes unutilized due to beyblade/explosion rune stacks.
If anything, just making the cherry blossom attackable like wraithguard would solve its issues.

The other spells being more accessible to spellthief would add to the variety for mono element mage thief's.
Agreed with Runes and Arcane Spells, tbh. Cherry Blossom is due to a counterplay love tap at the very least.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
. . .Do Ranger spells really require a bow? I've been casting mine with a spear just fine. Or a book.

I think it just needs like. An actual casting tool.. . .
@kaz You need a bow equipped to use them, if you have a better casting tool it will default to that for scaling.