Poll: Are you satisfied with the current state of the event staff?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.14%
16 57.14%
No
42.86%
12 42.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Current State Of The Event Staff
The self promotion is unneeded and one should wait until applications are open to lobby for your position with your application and the approval of the GM team like the rest of us had to.

Coming in to speak as a failed Eventmin, and to actively acknowledge that I had failed to live up to my word on my application and the expectations I had set up for myself, but also to acknowledge that most if not all of the Eventmins on staff overcame a great deal of the hurdles with the esoteric tools we were expected to work with, the anxiety of presenting a narrative to the public, and the uncertainty or suddenness of event requests with accolades uncontested.

Fern whose Black Falcon narrative I had critiqued early on in my SL2 days actively worked to improve the story for an outsider and newbie like me, allowing me to appreciate the conclusion and characters in a manner I wouldn't have been able to previously. Overcoming several pitfalls that were born from the fact they conceptualized the story as a teenager, and had it carry on into their early 20's. Something I feel many great writers would be afraid to attempt to resolve even in their most confident trips of creativity. He has since carried those lessons into the White Door adventures and excelled so far as I have witnessed.

Ruby has managed to fulfill dozens of requests for events, and has his DM's constantly open to people who desire them. His ability to follow up, and having assisted me with several already. He is incredibly capable of slipping into whatever groove you have decided for the story with little notice, and while he has not ran many events of his own doing. There is a reason many people have had their stories forwarded, and it's his doing.

Miller is a busy a bean, however in discussions with Fern and Ruby when I needed assistance, Miller is often cited as a source of great wisdom for presentation and the tools they must work with. Contributing consistently even when they are not available to run events. I also know that Miller has made several of the maps people have indulged in, and I know this because I was asked to map in place of Miller for a Fern event. BECAUSE Miller was busy mapping another two spaces if I recall.

Hanzo for all his flaws mechanically, as I did not feel it was in the best interest of the event he ran with the Sun Temple to alter the mechanics as he did so. Is a very strong narrative writer, and has quality dialogue. He seems to want to give everyone indepth experiences that may exceed the production budget and time he's allotted but he is eager, and that counts for something.

Ignatius: Is a god amongst men. I know he has played a helping hand consistently in other players events, typically handing mobs, NPC's and narrations that address splits in parties. He also assists people in private quite often much akin to Ruby. Making due with a very tight schedule IRL he still contributes readily to the community. Something I failed to do personally during my run as an eventmin.

Personally speaking I am content with the Event Team as of current, I believe that Jupiter storm earlier had a point about providing more news coverage, and ways to involve people in current happenings. More smallscale festivals and social gatherings would be nice though I think that's something the regular community could pull together to produce with the assistance of Eventmins's.

Halloween is coming up, and my wife Kitkat is organizing a Hollows Eve party! So I think it's less that Eventmins aren't public enough, and moreso that Eventmins don't make their actions public enough. I feel that most of the Eventmins do a great deal, but do not wear them as badges of honor and get on with their duties quietly. I must also remind people that eventmins often times if not all the time are responsible for the monetary load of mapping their event spaces.

Having to donate for the keys, and fun o' grams used on every level of an event space. Which having mapped out my own event areas and such before. Grows to be quite expensive in game and out of game to provide a worthwhile experience.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Balor's post:
  • Dystopia, Illumi, Jupiter_Storm, K Peculier, Lewdcifer, Miller, Snake

Messages In This Thread
The Current State Of The Event Staff - by Aqua - 09-30-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: The Current State Of The Event Staff - by Balor - 09-30-2021, 10:25 PM