Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sayasnooza (Sayakensa changes)
The Sayakensa is a very interesting hand slot item for Kenseis both mechanically as well as thematically as it offers Kenseis the ability to convert all of their skill damage to the Dark Element rather than the typical Physical Slash if their Katana is cursed. The issue with this is the damage conversion has far more negatives than any redeemable positives. 

The hand's slot is a very competitive position for items, especially for Kenseis as a lot of items that can be slotted here offer a plethora of diverse benefits such as the Ghosthands providing safety from triggering enemy reaction effects and Crownbleeder's entire existence. The problem with the Sayakensa is that despite the increased crit chance (+10%), the lack of any dark penetration gimps the user horribly. 

While I firmly believe that the game should be balanced towards PvP as it is theoretically the highest skill of play, the fact that the Sayakensa can't even benefit the user in PvE is horrendous. Using the Sayakensa cripples the user direly when fighting any Undead mob (Who has an innate resistance to Dark damage), and to my knowledge, there isn't a single enemy in this game who is naturally weak to darkness.

My suggestions for the item would be as follows:
  • Add a passive -10% to -15% dark element reduction to enemy resistances for skills only (kind of like how Idol functions. But this way it prevents Hexers or dark magic users trying to circumvent and abuse the item.)

OR

• Change the item from a Hand item to an Accessory, whilst reducing the dark element resistances it reduces to be between -5% to -10% and reducing the increased crit % chance the item provides as well (something, like 5%). 
[-] The following 4 users Like Cogster's post:
  • GameGirlColour, Jeff, Kazzy, Miller
It'd be cool if Sayakensa gained an extra effect like this too:

"Damage from Kensei skills inflicts a status that reduces Darkness Resistance by 5% and further increases by 5% per attack (max. 50%) on both you and your enemy."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • HaTeD