Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy Evaluation and Analyze Weakness, again.
They're both overbearing in PvP scenarios as the build up of a Tactician main is insanely fast with its new gimmicks. The build up in this case is not the problem, but the total LV of the debuffs, so.

Requesting a few changes to make Tactician a little more balanced in scenarios where it should be:

Quote:Analyze Weakness

- No longer gets its LV reduced if Tactician is not your main class. Instead, the LV is halved only against player enemies.
- Momentum cost is changed from 6M to 4M.

Quote:Enemy Evaluation

- No longer gets its LV reduced if Tactician is not your main class. Instead, the LV is halved only against player enemies.
- Momentum cost is changed from 6M to 4M.
- Hit is no longer affected by Enemy Evaluation.

Quote:Pinpoint Electro

- Requires both Enemy Evaluation and Analyze Weakness active on an enemy for range to become unconditional for the skill's effects.

Logically, it's easier to study the behavior of monsters when compared to sentient enemies like players. Plus, its performance in PvP is what brings salt the most. I don't think anyone would mind this going, forever, in exchange of having their class becoming generally usable and less broken.

Enemy Evaluation's biggest gripe with all players seems to be the Hit debuff, so removing that should make the skill more balanced and less a salt factory to fight against. That, together with running away and spamming Pinpoint Electro without a notable 8M investment for preparation, of course.

I've ran a lot of tests with sub-class Tactician due to playing as Destiny BK/Tactician, and the maximum LV I can get is 16, including Dark Eye's buff. 16 is a very reasonable number, compared to 33 (Main Class).

So players being affected by those at LV16 tops can be a fair game, and falls under the 'standard' of debuffing numbers we get around.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't particularly think the problem with Enemy Evaluation turning people useless is the Hit portion of the skill, but rather the skill not only giving you three significant stat debuffs on top of chopping your damage by a third after some setup. If we take nowadays where 200+ hit is the bare minimum, that's 66 hit being chopped off, which was huge before GR2 and continues to be the same. Evade before buffs around 130-150? We're talking of 40-50 evade being removed in one go, and this not counting the absurdly high of a duration this can get.

While it does take a certain amount of setup, with some combos you can build up rank really fast, and using that skill, no matter the momentum cost, still deletes someone from the fight unless they have a debuff removal like Negotiate, Wash Away or Cleanse Potions. What makes the skill toxic, in my opinion, is that it scales around percentage, not flat numbers.

I don't believe making it half effectiveness against players is the good solution here. It's a pretty strong debuff. Not to mention unless you don't care about PvE, it kinda kills part of the reason why you would be maining Tactician, which I'm against.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lonestar's post:
  • HaTeD
So what would you go for?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(10-06-2021, 02:38 AM)Snake Wrote: So what would you go for?

If the objective here is to nerf the skill in turn for decreasing the momentum cost, then you'll have to be way more harsh on it when you consider what's being affected, the duration of it and how it's being affected, else it'll go back to the old Tactician/Demon Hunter meta.

The options from what I can see it, is as follow:

- Change it from % scaling into flat scaling.

- Remove two debuffs from the skill.

- Decrease the max duration of the skill.

- All of the above (?).

Keep in mind I'm mostly talking about EE, AW can possibly stay the way it is with a cut on the duration as well, I'd like it to be used as a burst opening than "I've done my part, go ham for the rest of the fight."