Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evade glancing change for babies edition.
As glancing blows still seem to cause people salt -even- though its intended as a way to bandaid some damage on a miss I suggest the following change.

If hit check 1 hits, its a hit, will always be a hit, no matter what

If hit check 1 misses, hit check 2 will be inspected, if hit check 2 hits, its a glance, if hit check 2 misses, its a miss.

This will make the Hit% readout always accurate, example if you have a 75% hit chance you will have a 75% of hitting, a roughly 18% to glance, and  a roughly 6% to miss.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock, Snake
People's complaints aren't really based on the damage reduction 99% of the time. It's usually because it eats up just about every on hit effect you can think of. It's like BK's Steel Aura but worse because it's not limited to weapons only, it affects classes as well. Not to mention your enemy can proc glancing even at 98% hit (or 88% hit whatever number we wanna use as an example) which imo shouldn't happen. Glancing should have a certain thresh area where it starts to die out/activate (like 80% hit & under I.E.) and yet it doesn't. I play a couple of dodge characters as well as fight others who are evade builds and it can get pretty out of hand sometimes when your whole build fails because someone keeps glancing. This isn't to say nerf dodge to the gutter but more so it needs some fine tuning as listed previously.
(10-13-2021, 04:06 AM)PantherPrincess Wrote: People's complaints aren't really based on the damage reduction 99% of the time. It's usually because it eats up just about every on hit effect you can think of. It's like BK's Steel Aura but worse because it's not limited to weapons only, it affects classes as well. Not to mention your enemy can proc glancing even at 98% hit (or 88% hit whatever number we wanna use as an example) which imo shouldn't happen. Glancing should have a certain thresh area where it starts to die out/activate (like 80% hit & under I.E.) and yet it doesn't. I play a couple of dodge characters as well as fight others who are evade builds and it can get pretty out of hand sometimes when your whole build fails because someone keeps glancing. This isn't to say nerf dodge to the gutter but more so it needs some fine tuning as listed previously.
that's a fair point, but to be real a glance isn't a clean hit and shouldn't be giving the full effects of an on hit. That's a hard thing to judge, while most on hit's could just have their level reduced/changed on a glance some on hits are all or nothing where the level doesn't really matter.

I think my solution would work in a system where we leave it so that on hits do not trigger on a glance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • HaTeD
I agree with that, Lolzy. @how glancing should be like
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This should really be considered
I think this is a pretty good and needed nerf, though it wouldn't fix the whole issue it would at least be more balanced