Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blunt Overdose
Quote:--- ROUND 1 ---
Affluent Alchemist's turn.
Affluent Alchemist skips their turn.
Kinu's turn.
Kinu attacks Affluent Alchemist with Broken Krieger and misses them!
Critical Hit! Affluent Alchemist attacks Kinu with Untrained Fist and hits them!
Kinu takes 121 Blunt damage.
Kinu takes 12 Blunt damage.
Kinu's turn.
Kinu takes 53 Blunt damage.
Kinu takes 133 Blunt damage.
Kinu is knocked down!
Kinu takes 177 Blunt damage.
Kinu got back up!
Kinu takes 21 Blunt damage.

This is one turn at only 57 base CEL (and 18 STR).

Hare Discipline is a little bit ridiculous in the damage department, especially considering it's all autohits based entirely on a defensive stat.

I suggest lowering the scaling to 75%.
I concur.

Defensive stats shouldn't even be used for attacking, because it makes one of those dreaded 'overloaded stats' that we all know and hate.

But since the skill already exists and all, reduced scaling would do some good.
I agree with reduced scaling. Having played a somehow decent hybrid Verglas (with 35-45 in Str/Wil/Cel at level 60) it was kind of absurd that 90% of what I did was either Expanding Ice against groups, or Hare Discipline skills 1 on 1. Bear Discipline never saw any love. Fox discipline at least has higher FP costs to offset how good it is, but I do think Hare can afford to be toned down a bit.

I see no issue with allowing Cel to be used as an offensive stat ON OCCASION simply due to autohits. Just don't make it common. Similarly to how Crystal Blades and Checkmate use Defense to attack. So long as there's drawbacks, such as Checkmate's Momentum Cost, a Crystal Blade only proccing every 2 hits, etc, it won't be a "god stat" or anything. And since most mobs as well as most players have autohits, Cel isn't even a particularly good defensive stat (Unless you're against an Arbalest, Gunner, or most kinds of jammers.) As such, I'm cool with the occasional Cel based damage attack (Cat Claw, Hare Discipline skills, Thousand Stab, etc) so long as it doesn't become really common.
*loud burp*