Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vorpal is a little 'eh' now.
Quote:Vorpal (Godly) - +10 Weapon Critical. +5% Critical Damage. When critically hitting monsters with this weapon (excluding bosses, and monsters whose level is 10 or more higher than yours): 5% chance for the attack to do a Vorpal Strike, dealing 9999 Akashic damage.

This is not as good as it was before, which is fair, but this could use a small buff to make it more usable in PvE. For a 'Divine level' enchant, I'd find more use of Reaper, which is a consistent +5 damage/+5 critical chance than something that only works in a niche way, with a very rare gamble that can't be affected in any way as the gameplay goes.

Could this be made more reliable in both scenarios by LUC increasing the Critical Damage as a bonus? It's not like LUC has anything going for it anyway.

>> +X% Critical Damage (X = +0.25% per 1 Scaled LUC).

With that number you'd be looking at +10% Critical Damage on 40 LUC, and +15% Critical Damage on 60 LUC. Both being fair numbers, in my opinion.

I don't know the direction we'd want to go with Vorpal Strike itself since it no longer has anything fun going for it. An instakill is honestly boring and steals the shine of stuff like Eliminate, Divine Eyes, Moonlight Burst. I'd rather just revert it to 'This Critical Hit ignores all DEF/RES/Armor' but on Monsters only, and return Vorpal Fang to its previous effect along with its proc chance to something like 10%.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think that it's "Okay" as it is right now. +10% crit is worthwhile in and of itself to me. However I think like

10% crit chance and a buff of 10% crit damage would be my preference of a boost for the enchant.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You get vorpal for crit. That's all it's good for now.

Vorpal Fang was rendered completely useless, but the enchant itself still has use.

Gib old vorpal back : (
(10-31-2021, 05:31 AM)Collector Wrote: You get vorpal for crit. That's all it's good for now.

Vorpal Fang was rendered completely useless, but the enchant itself still has use.

Gib old vorpal back : (
Seriously, a fully upgraded vorpal fang gets a whooping +1% to vorpal crit chance (making it 6%). What a joke
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]