Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Salamandra Flame, or how I learned to burn the world
I come with a simple suggestion (or two) today, for all to see.

One, I think Salamandra needs a bit more love.  For a race with such a focus on fire, they kind of fall flat.  I feel as if Nairyf Energy (from Salamandra Flame) should be changed to allow ALL fire damage the Salamandra does ignore Immunity/Reflection/Absorption, not just Salamandra Flame itself.  I feel like this is balanced by the fact fire is still one of the most commonly resisted elements in the game, and you still need to be within 3(+1/rank) range of an enemy in order to pull off Salamandra Flame to get the perks to begin with, meaning a fire mage salamandra wouldn't be completely hard countered by someone pulling out an Install or a Red Letter, but they'd have to open themselves up to potential retaliation and spend the momentum on salamandra flame in order to allow themselves the opportunity to fight past the opposition.

A second suggestion would be asking if we could add a talent add-on to allow Hellfire to work with flame art: explosion, flame art: poison, and flame art: purification.  The justification for this would be you'd be spending an extra trait point to enable this synergy in the first place.
It's regardless of 'broken' or 'balanced', a 9M investment to gain those benefits, that can be nulled away on a whim, so it's kind of a funny extra for their thematic.

I would personally go for the Trait approach, make it so they have an independent Trait that allows Salamander Flame to affect all of their Fire damage, but increase their Ice Weakness by 10% for a drawback.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]