Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL1 & 2 - Downtime 6th of March
Hey there,

A foreword
Hello, I'm DJScias, the current host of Sigrogana Legend 1 & 2 for Dev. Most, if not all, of my messages are related to the server's condition. I don't frequent SL1 or 2 much myself anymore, so you can find me on the forums (sometimes) or contact me on Skype in case of an emergency.

The actual meaning of my post
Quote:Between midnight and 5am PST on March 6, we plan to upgrade all VDS-hosting machines to reflect the most recent Xen patches, which fix newly-discovered, serious security vulnerabilities. For these upgrades, machines will need to be rebooted, which means that we will have to shut down all VDSes on each machine, then start them back up after the operation is complete. We expect for this process to take around 30-60 minutes for each machine.

Please note that if you have a Windows 2012 R2 VDS, it may have trouble booting shortly after the machine reboot because of a Windows design flaw combined with heavy hard drive access that leads to slow I/O during that initial period. Specifically, it might crash during the boot process and show recovery screens that require clicking a button to reattempt (these can be seen through the VNC console page).

The same message can be read into this image:
[Image: 659cPQ0.png]

What this means to you, players
The server will be offline from somewhere within that time range (current PST time for time calculation) until Dev finds the time to put it online again. I don't deal with that.

I hope you'll use this information well.

Kind regards,
DJScias
I'm the host of Sigrogana Legend 1 & 2, if something is wrong you can contact me on Discord @ DJScias#0812.
(Keep it to emergencies only please.)
Dev's computer blew up, he said he won't be able to get on much until he gets a new one. I think you might want to take care of rebooting the server after the upgrade, Scias.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Dear Devourer Of Souls,

Please stop blowing your computer up.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Hello there,

Due to Dev's inability to start the server back up I've done so manually myself.

Do let me know if something goes wrong in this thread.

Kind regards,
DJScias
I'm the host of Sigrogana Legend 1 & 2, if something is wrong you can contact me on Discord @ DJScias#0812.
(Keep it to emergencies only please.)
Thank you for putting the server back up, as well as the heads-up for the downtime.