Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touhou is not fun to play anymore (Glancing Blows feedback thread)
I haven’t done serious PVP in forever so please point out any flaws in anything I’m saying here.

If autohits hit like a basic uncrit attack and evade was a secondary form of defense against criticals and a primary defense against strong to-hit skills (like EI back in the day) that would give it a specialized role as compared to defense/resistance.

If we also had turn order based purely on CEL that would also be favorable, as it gives another purpose to having CEL in team building. Of course, there’s the downside in 4v4s where all four high-CEL members attack and defeat one member at start to make it a 4v3, but if we could have start positions be chosen freely from half the board, or dare I say customizable battle sizes, that could be allievated.

Also, adding a variety of skills could help too. Fir could be affected by evade normally, and there could be a weaker Fir- Fff- that could have autohit on all ground-based enemies for heating the ground up momentarily, or InVyd where you try to manipulate the air in the target’s lungs (which would be much weaker, as the lung is the strongest bone in the human body).

With that in mind, we could even remove momentum altogether. Remember pixel-based movement? We could have our weapon sprites infront of our body, and if we hit someone with it they would take damage. We’d need some good rotation keys though, I’m thinking about tab and right shift as they’re about the same position on opposite sides of the keyboard.

We could even make it so guns have to reload in the middle of combat, and if you have higher CEL you can reload it one second quicker per CEL, unless you’re using a musket then one minute faster per CEL. Honesty though I’ve never used a musket in my life so someone please fact-check me on that.

Altogether, I feel in the attempt to make everything equally balanced- so classes can fight evenly in 1v1s especially- has led to such universalization that any attempts to further even the paying field will only lead to adjustments where one benefit jumps ahead of the other instead of having each benefit be uniquely applicable to certain roles. Choosing between tank or dodge is more about what flavor you want your character to defend with instead of an active style of fighting that has consequences, advantages and coupons.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Touhou is not fun to play anymore (Glancing Blows feedback thread) - by Sawrock - 12-06-2021, 03:08 AM