Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priest fix pls
I'm just going to pitch a handful of buff ideas for some of the skills. This won't be reinventing the wheel, nor really fixing all the pain points OP has, just trying to bring more options into the fold.

Sanctuary
No longer is immediately removed upon being moved outside of it. Instead the effects of Sanctuary are negated until the caster returns to the location.

Notes: This is just to address the pain point of how easy it can be to stuff a Priest out of Sanctuary. It's not as strong of an effect as it used to be so I think it's fine to not have such a painful downside anymore.

Gentle Torrent
Now covers a wide line (like Kadouha) and no longer breaks when it hits the first enemy. Cooldown reduced to 1 Round from 3 Rounds.

Notes: Making use of both properties of Gentle Torrent is difficult currently. By increasing it's width and making it so the projectile doesn't break on enemies, you don't have to be as precise with your positioning for it and can now more effectively cover allies close to enemies. I also feel it's effect isn't so strong as to warrant it's cooldown, just enough to prevent spam will do.

Shine Ray
Lowered FP Cost to 24/22/20/18/16.

Notes: Shine Ray has always been an expensive spell but that was understandable due to the massive potential level on the Light Shaft which allowed even bulky priests to evade effectively. But since that's no longer the case, I feel it's costs being greatly reduced is only fair.

Treatment Skills
Lowered to 3 Ranks. Rank 3 and 5 effects are shifted to Rank 2 and 3 respectively. Default Range increased to 4 (using a Staff still increases this by a further 3.)

Additional Effect: Restores some HP to the target if you cleanse a status. Healing determined by Scaled FAI & Rank.

Notes: Treatment Skills only rarely get to see use. I think with increased reach, reduced skill investment and the added healing factor, they'll become much more standard picks for a Priest's kit. As for how strong I think the heal should be, I think about the 80-100HP mark for a standard build would be ideal. Decent healing but not strong enough to warrant lengthy cooldowns. (40 Scaled FAI & Rank 3 Treatments would do, e.g. 150% Scaled FAI + Rank*10 for 90HP.)

Oh and since multiple statuses could be cured by some treatments, the heal would naturally only occur once per use.

Purify Poison
Renamed to Purify Ails:

Effect Changed:
Treatment skill. Targets 1 ally (or yourself) within 4 Range and removes any Poison effect they are suffering from, as long as it has a LV equal to or lower than X (based on Rank). If you have a Staff-type weapon equipped, the Range of this skill is increased by 3. At Rank 2, Burn is also affected. At Rank 3, Lingering Damage is also affected.

LV determined by Rank is changed from 8/16/24/32/40 to 20/30/40.

Notes: If Strong Legs can cure multiple statuses then why not the others? This Treatment skill now covers the majority of damage over time effects while also potentially providing immunities with Longterm Cure and a modest heal to boot.

Cool Burns
Removed and replaced with a new Treatment skill.

Bestow Freedoms -
Treatment skill. Targets 1 ally (or yourself) within 4 Range and removes any Slow effect they are suffering from. If you have a Staff-type weapon equipped, the Range of this skill is increased by 3. At Rank 3, Clumsy and Immobilizes are also affected. At Rank 5, Silence is also affected.

Notes: Since Burn cleansing has been lumped into the other skill, this would need an entirely new identity, hence Bestow Freedoms. This covers a range of movement-impairing effects and Silence. While Silence may be a questionable pick due to Curate's Silent Prayer, that skill can't be used on allies.

Longterm Cure
Lowered to 3 Ranks. Immunity duration is equal to Rank+2 Rounds (3/4/5). (This is still halved on yourself.)

Notes: With the other Treatment changes, I think the benefit of this also naturally increases. So the only other pain point I feel is how costly it is to spend SP on this and treatment skills.

Divine Judgement
Additional Effect: If Holy Spark is equipped, you follow up Divine Judgement with a cast of Holy Spark (at no extra cost), centred on the target.

Notes: While I feel it's current effects are pretty good, I do end up finding myself rarely using it due to how slow it is to set up. I think by adding this damage follow up, the time loss from setting up this effect is decreased.

Mercalan Tenants
Lowered to 3 Ranks.

Effect Changed:
When you use a healing item (except a Staff) on an ally, they recover additional HP and you regain FP, based on Rank.

Heal: 20/40/60 HP, FP: 10/20/30

Notes: Less investment, more potent FP recovery and a bonus flat heal on your items used on allies. I feel this still may not see much use but if you are into the hard line healing aspect of the class, this can only help.

Shine Knights
Changed from Rank C Invocation to Rank D Invocation.

Notes: I feel bad for suggesting this since it's the only Rank C Invocation in the game and thus gets cool points but making the minions powerful enough to warrant that lengthy set up could easily end up going too far in the opposite direction. I think this should simply fall in line so it's easier to use.

Devocation
Additional Effect: While Invoking a Mercalan spell, the chance to trigger Devotion is increased (additively) by 50%. Devotion reduces any damage taken in a damage instance by your Scaled Faith.

Notes: This one is so forgettable, it didn't even get mentioned. Devocation is not what you want to rely on compared to maxing out the Invocation talent to avoid the issue altogether. So to add some sprinkles... a chance to lower damage based on your Faith while Invoking sounds pretty good. Originally I was thinking 100% of the time but I felt that would be too good for a tanky, Divine Shower spamming priest.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Slydria's post:
  • K Peculier, Miller, Shujin, Snake, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
Priest fix pls - by Skullcatrons - 12-29-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by adamkad1 - 12-29-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by Slydria - 01-02-2022, 10:46 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by adamkad1 - 01-02-2022, 11:22 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by Skullcatrons - 01-07-2022, 03:37 AM
RE: Priest fix pls - by Snake - 01-03-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by adamkad1 - 01-06-2022, 06:55 PM
RE: Priest fix pls - by Kazzy - 01-07-2022, 01:18 AM