Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleph the Jammer Slayer says "The Jammer menace!"
It would be helpful to new players, and other people if when they walked passed an NPC with a quest they haven't done yet, the NPC does much like it did in SL1 where they have an opening line to entice the player to approach them. Basically giving NPCs a message to output to the players who walk nearby them if they haven't done their quest.

Maybe also the same for Air, maybe she waves or something at them if they don't have a passage paper?
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Recently with the influx of...strange players there have been many questions on what to do when they aren't let into the town.

So yeah, it'd not be bad.

Or maybe some sort of an RPG-ish exclamation mark above their head.
RPGs 101: Talk to everyone.

I'm not sure we should go and whack people over the head with a sign that screams "Hey, stupid" just because some members say, and I quote an actual player (whose name will not be posted publicly, but I will share via PM if you're really curious) asking wtf was going on during the main questline, "I don't read." That's their own damn fault for not reading in A GAME INTENDED FOR ROLEPLAY, IN THE STRATEGY ROLEPLAYING GAME GENRE.

I mean, using the example of people asking what to do when not let into town, the game DOES already literally tell you "yo, go talk to Air" when you can't enter Cellsvich. Giving Air a special line on top of that, or drawing extra attention to her via an MMO-like exclamation mark or something, would just be overkill. If people are going to be stupid and refuse to read, these accomodations will not magically give them a second brain cell to rub againt the first, (please, do not get into semantics about how you'd already be dead with so few brain cells, I am not in the mood.) you know?

Honestly? If it was up to me, I'd brand everyone asking "Captain Obvious" questions like how to get into Cellsvich as a troll, and give them the punishment we give trolls. (Which, IMO, is perfectly fair, since there's actually incredibly few captain obvious questions, so you could easily ask almost any question and it would be fine) But alas, the world doesn't work that way.
*loud burp*
Ranylyn, you seem to have a seriously unhealthy amount of pent up anger.

Anyway, I think this is a good suggestion.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5426#p5426 Wrote:Soapy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:15 pm[/url]"]Ranylyn, you seem to have a seriously unhealthy amount of pent up anger.

Believe it or not, I'm in a very good mood today. This is a little more complicated. Here's why:

For the record, ALL of the below is aimed at the mention of people asking how to get inside Cellsvich. This is not a general blanket statement about the whole community.

I'll be the first to admit it: I'm not that smart. I'm not. I know my intellect is limited. Hell, for all intents and purposes, I "dropped out" of high school (Didn't graduate in my last year, could not return due to getting kicked out of my mother's house and needing to find work.) But at least I try. I poke around. I analyze and extrapolate. When I'm wrong, I admit it. I don't make excuses.

My issue comes from the people who make me look like a genius. I'm not that smart, so why should people be so intellectually inferior to me that it makes me upset? Here's how I see it: If -I- think someone is being a dunce, then clearly their level of stupidity is excessive, since I'm not even holding them to a high standard, you know? I mean, if -I'M- the stupid one, then why are they saying/doing things that even I take one look at and facepalm? I'm not even asking them to be as mediocre as me. I just want them to be... not irredeemably moronic, if that makes sense?

I'll be honest; there were a lot of things I could not figure out on my own in SL2; I could not get inside the summoning house at first, even with "The Contract" since I had unequipped Summoner due to not finding the house right away. Also, my game messed up so the chest on B4 of the Jammer Cavern never loaded, so I couldn't get the chainshot, and I had no idea that there SHOULD be a chest there. And so on and so forth.

But when people ask questions that the in-game text clearly spells out... that's when I go "SERIOUSLY!?" If that makes any sense.
*loud burp*
Honestly, if you can't get past Air, you probably shouldn't be playing the game.

But I could see this being nice for alts, when you forget where you are in the 'storyline'.

So it's whatever. I can't see the point in getting bent out of shape out of such an innocuous suggestion.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5435#p5435 Wrote:MegaBlues » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:57 pm[/url]"]Honestly, if you can't get past Air, you probably shouldn't be playing the game.

But I could see this being nice for alts, when you forget where you are in the 'storyline'.

So it's whatever. I can't see the point in getting bent out of shape out of such an innocuous suggestion.

That's exactly what I was getting at, but I see your point. I'll admit I sometimes forgt where certain characters even are in the story, sometimes. Might be helpful for that.
*loud burp*