Poll: Should there be an enforced roleplay ruleset for Korvara at the start?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Rules that everyone adheres to can make the roleplay more focused.
83.33%
25 83.33%
No. I don't want any rules to limit how I play the game like I usually do already.
16.67%
5 16.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset
(02-16-2022, 02:42 AM)K Peculier Wrote: 1. PvP Prevalance - How should PvP be treated in Korvara when it comes to contesting points of authority (i.e. territory/leadership roles/IC power levels) 

So this is a complicated matter, for the most part most players generally agree that when a dispute cannot be settled, pvp tends to default to most individuals, this is very rarely the case however, as most players tend to agree with eachother and try to further eachother's stories in ways that make them both feel satisfied.

This is true on Sigrogana, but I believe it will be a little bit different on Korvara, as positions of power will often by sought after by many individuals, and PvP actually excels at delivering on this narrative by presenting a hurdle that gives a way to force your way in, giving higher stake to the position and even inspiring whoever the current leader is to take more action, as to not lose their position or wrongfully sway anyone against themselves.

Should PvP be forced? That's a touchy subject, but for the most part Dev does not want to force anyone into a position where PvP is required, and if thats the rule he wants to go with, we need to respect that rule when it arises, and alternative methods of dethroning another player from a position of power must be sought out.

Should PvP determine most conflicts when allowed? Yeah I think so, when it boils down to it, 2 players who agree to this sort of thing know what they're putting up against the other, but there should be certain rules set in place that disallow a character who is irrelevant to any certain nation's leader walk up and simply challenge them, there should be rules set in place that determine the battles of important positions (Such as with multiple people needing to be involved)

For the most part however, most players are actually more than willing to step aside and let things flow through roleplay mostly, as I find when playing a guard, 90% of conflicts are just resolved through roleplay, and trusting that the person you're roleplaying with is not going to be an asshat with how they handle the situation, and that both parties are entitled to fair play.

EDIT:
Also regarding restricting classes and all that, I don't agree with that, I believe that the game is in a terrible state of balance at the moment as remnants of the most recent major balance update are still ringing through Black Knight and Evasion still. If needed be, we'll just need another balance patch, unfortunately.

Quote:2. OOC Grind Races - Assuming there's nothing to stop players from tagging themselves as (OOC) and choosing a spot to grind levels/items do we want to put a rule to stop this and get players to focus on roleplay in their perspective regions?

I believe that for Sigrogana, the world is much too peaceful as a setting and often doesn't inspire people to go IC when doing what are effectively chores when creating a character, the main state of the game as its been running for so many years now is just the end game, so you do all your tasks that lead up to an optimized character that can compete with the best of 'em or drop dead because you didn't choose to do so.

Its because of this mentality that I believe people may be hesitant to disallow the coveted OOC Tag, what some may see as a necessary evil is fair for certain character concepts such as grizzled veterans and characters that are supposed to be decently strong, but I believe that the appeal of Korvara will be the journey and not the destination, and I believe this should, at the very least, be enforced for at least the first couple of months.

It isn't fair to anyone else who isn't racing to the finish line or is adhering to their character's regional limitations (Such as with Telegrad and Geladyne) to allow people to simply waltz around with OOC tags uncontested.

Is this gonna stop people from just trying to gold split for lvl 60? No, fuck no. I can't expect the GMs to be able to enforce the rule, as well as punish people who pretend to be IC but are just grinding and avoiding as much interaction as possible.

But I do believe that creating this rule incentivizes far more people to interact and try to play the way that was intended, at least for the first couple of months anyways, before people inevitably hit 60 anyway.

Quote:3. Travelling - Assuming there's no real barrier to stopping players from just casually running everywhere in a minute. Should there be any rules to a player zipping back and forth each city/area without any limits?

So I wanna say ahead of time that this is actually taken care of in a slight way by the sheer size of the maps, not only that but they're not even close to all being flat plains, there are many mountains and bridges and rivers that need to be crossed and etched around in order to traverse, travel time is already limited in this way and will serve as a good propellant I assure you, there should also be scene locks in play on the continent already to assure that people don't just randomly interrupt certain things by gunning it down to where ever they hear trouble is afoot. But for the sake of roleplay, someone from Duyuei or Meiaquar should be able to just try and find where people are currently roleplaying at.

If travel time becomes even further of an issue, I believe that a hard limitation of adjusting player movement speed isn't a bad idea either, this is a variable that can be adjusted if needed be.

That said, I don't wanna see someone from Telegrad for instance gun it down into Geladyne to buy an item before anyone notices, so its pretty debatable.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Sawrock

Messages In This Thread
Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by K Peculier - 02-16-2022, 02:42 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Lolzytripd - 02-16-2022, 05:12 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Tana - 02-16-2022, 05:35 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by FaeLenx - 02-16-2022, 05:57 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Sawrock - 02-16-2022, 07:07 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Sawrock - 12-25-2022, 02:56 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Tana - 02-16-2022, 10:27 AM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by FaeLenx - 02-16-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Korvara - Roleplay Ruleset - by Niezan - 02-16-2022, 02:57 PM