Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Soldier] Bash (ft. Shields)
The skill 'Bash' being used against an enemy, if you have a Shield equipped, should deal Blunt physical damage equal to your Scaled DEF/2 + Soldier's Class LV.

The reason is because there's currently no way to use shields offensively aside Fang-Faced Shield, thematically speaking, so I think Bash deserves a bit of it. I don't think a subtle Flatfoot infliction alone without some 'whack' behind gives the sensation of knocking someone senseless with a bash on their noses.

Plus, more Destiny stuff! Yay.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah, that sounds good to me. Right now you can only use shield offensively with enchant shield, and ya need to sub mage for it.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
I'd be wary of buffing Bash at the moment.

Bash is already one of the best skills for a main class soldier, being a heavily versatile 1m knockback that can inflict knockdown for 2m on a gamble coin flip, as well as applying Flatfoot to completely fuck over a dodgy.

I can already use certain equipment setups to hit 60+ damage on a 1m bash, I can already see how abusive it could get if destiny soldiers were allowed to do REAL damage ontop of all the utility that the skill provides.

I think i'd prefer if soldier just got more interactions with Shields or maybe bash got some proper elemental augments to shake things up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Entropy's post:
  • HaTeD
I like the idea, and have wanted Soldier and Black Knight both to gain offensive shields skills in the past, but right now Bash's flatfoot is paramount to a non BK's matchup into Dodgies, and I'd wait until dodgies have been addressed first.
Maybe we could add a new skill called 'Shield bash' or 'Shield smack' where you attack with the shield rather than just shoving an enemy away. 3 momentum, would get bash bonuses, can only use with shield.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(03-09-2022, 06:02 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: Maybe we could add a new skill called 'Shield bash' or 'Shield smack' where you attack with the shield rather than just shoving an enemy away. 3 momentum, would get bash bonuses, can only use with shield.

If we're going to grant new functionality to Bash this is the only way I'd see it offensively.

Buffing a 1m skill to do only slightly less if not comparable damage to 3m attacks is not the way to go.

This is all of course on the assumption shields even need any sort of help being offensive. Its fundamental purpose is to grant you damage reduction at the cost of offensive capability compared to other hand slot options and the inherent bonus of the two-hand talents.

Though I could see Bash getting some kind of bonus for using a shield compared to without, but aside from bumping Flatfoot level up or the random chance to knock someone down when combined with Charge all it could do more of is push distance. Could give you a tiny bonus to your chance to activate a parry skill against the enemy you bashed and increase the damage reduction for parries against them by a similar amount (like 5% or something).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • FaeLenx
A base damage that deals Blunt would be ideal, tbvh. If not something large like using DEF as a form of scaling, something more static like 35-50 damage from Class LV alone.

What I want the most is just the meaty 'twack' noise when I'm bashing something, over it being OP or whatever the future worries could be.
question : would it work with the ring of the knight ?
"If you have a Shield equipped, using Bash on an enemy deals Blunt physical damage equal to 50-35, which ignores evasion and protection."
I like the idea, but I feel like bash is already a very good skill, especially on mainclassed Black Knight. Maybe this could wait until fang-faced shield gets its nerf?