Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER
I am of the opinion Fuck bonder.
In my opinion, Bonder wins fights on the grounds that it's a better version of whatever it is it's fighting. 

Youkai Balance
     >Ascended
     >DW
Shared Pain Cheese
     >Corner Seiryuu
     >10 Movement Kiting
     >DW
Shared Joy Cheese
     >BON GH
Statballing
     >Fight as one
     >Synchro Summon
     >Daisengan Cheese
Reswalling
    >DW SP
    >Two Souls Beyond
Conduct Skill Cheese
    >Spirits
Damage AMP
    >Hell Above
Kiting
    >Pinball Strike
    >Shift Dimension
    >Global Damage
    >Sangum Ruinam
    >Momentum Economy

Looking at ascended youkai as being distinct from the best youkai using class in the game feels objectively wrong. These things have one weakness, two of them at least, have no prospects of hitting anyone with evade, otherwise they're a statblock with HP and numbers comparable to players at a BASE level. A daisengen seiryuu has what, Eight to stats, furthered to fourteen if benefiting from synchro summon. In addition to 60 Damage to all people on the field / turn that ignores elemental resistance and m.armour. It also has a Six tile pull for 3m that does fuck off damage and applies LV30 Hunted. This is a seiryuu with no Non-Bonder stat bonuses.

[Image: unknown.png]
And this is the unspirited damage said seiryuu dishes out / round.
It is completely 0 Commitment from me, and is solely countered by evade. With a spirit, this youkai will put out 242 x 2 + 387 Raw Conducts for 5 FP + Youkai maintenance. This is numbers creep. Parted Pain is virtually free. These stat boosts are entirely passive, and grant me a 400 Damage 3m 5FP skill in exchange for one spirit.

Suzaku is not as numerically fucked, but still unbalanced as shit. It benefits from all but daisengen, and ignores evasion with a +60 base hit and a free revive.

Byakko is more global damage with minimal upkeep, kept in place by it's Low fp pool, with a huge +14 Str buff for conduct cheese on it's roar. It lacks the overwhelming versatility of seiryuu though.

DW
Another fucky youkai here. DW bonded with shared pain is, while counterable, utmost cheese. Offering 75% DR to slash / pierce / blunt through shared pain, and a free resistance proc. Summoning removes your excorcism weakness too, provided you aren't running spirits, as does killing it, allowing you to straight up negate it's main weakness by toggling SP vs Excorcising non S/P/B weapon types. It's also a free silence with semi-reasonable inflict in a pinch.

Shared Pain Cheese
Corner Seiryuu from time immemorial offers it's 60 static damage with 5 movement / 3m kiting ability. There isn't much to say other than this is why everyone hates Shared Pain.

Statballing
Bonder has potentially the most statbuffs in the game, greater than even priest. Fight as one offers 20 Hit / Crit / Evade / C.E, Symbol of faith is +3 Wil + 3Fai, Synchro summon is +6 to all on ANY Summon, not limited to bonded youkai, allowing for a corny player to install Seiryuu + Summon an ascended but unbonded Suzaku / Byakko to benefit from all of the above buffs, installs passive +1 to all, and daisengan. Seiryuu then offers a casual 5 Defense and ten critical evade.

Shared Joy Cheese 
Shared Joy on a youkai such as Seiryuu is completely fucked. A high max HP player with Malmelo / PR High can heal a youkai for 500+, such as on a bon gho - My personal example. Priests detailed care is also a fucked interaction; Youkai benefit too much from players healing themselves, in a way that makes even GS priest blushed.

Reswalling
Resistance Walling is one of the most cancerous shit that Bonder has. Resistance walling mitigates damage dealt to you through shared pain, as does armour stacking, and cucks momentum if either of you are hit. Immunity through the Daisengan dragons installed is another option, but requires valuable youkai slots. Having 40% Fire resistance and watching your 'Weak to magic Seiryuu' get hit by a sear for 550 damage, mitigated to 165 through shared pain-- Of which you take 90 because of ele resistance and magic armour is more than a little bit scuffed, and mitigates a lot of weaknesses shared pain holds.

Damage Amp
Bonder overly benefits from damage amplification and high single hit damage -- Parted pain amplifying youkai damage and Hell above offering a free 10% akashic ontop of that. A class that exists with a free momentum economy + FREE Damage from Summoning does not NEED percentile bonuses. I understand it was done to create a sense of synergy within, but this is math. It does not alter ones playstyle, just amplifies the mechanical.

Kiting
On top of youkai having 5 movement to double-move away from you, Pinball strike + Shift dimension + Conducts allow youkai to fucking book it, and summoners to mitigate a shit tonne of potential damage. This is only exaggerated by the youkai global / dot damage and shared pain, though I do believe it ought to be nerfed when option like Phase python should have a niche.

In summary, Bonder feels to be the sum total of three or four classes. Four classes worth of statboosts, with minimum commitment, with two kiting / Mobility skills on Pinball and Shift dimension,  Free damage with Free DR, and Up to three youkais passives. 

As to not throw a list of problems with no solutions 
  • Shared Pain's damage type should be Akashic, armour ignoring.
  • In addition to a range-based Shared pain DR nerf.
  • Individual Youkai nerfs-- Seiryuu's pull effect / range and global damage to only take place if Seiryuu has used Hunters wind the previous turn.
  • Diminished Stat boosts -- Fight as one can stay-- As for it's full effect one must be close to their youkai, But synchro Summon / Daisengan / Youkai stat boosts across the board ought to be nerfed.
  • Synchro Summon should be applied to Bonded Summons only.
  • Remove the damage amplification on Parted Pain.
  • Reduce Pinball Strikes Max KB by 2, increased to five on a crit.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, as I stopped wanting to write this about halfway through.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Akame, Autumn, Hiazro, K Peculier, Mewni, Poruku, The Alpha Bat, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by FatherCrixius - 04-06-2022, 03:12 AM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Autumn - 04-06-2022, 03:47 AM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Tana - 04-06-2022, 04:07 AM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Kazzy - 04-06-2022, 12:59 PM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Poruku - 04-06-2022, 02:37 PM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by adamkad1 - 04-06-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Reikou - 04-08-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: I HATE BONDER I HATE BONDER - by Shujin - 05-06-2022, 01:37 AM