Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hestia Brand - Request for Red Skin Color
Applicable BYOND Key - Futugaze

Character Name - Hestia Brand

Request Type - Non-Standard Skin Color

Request Details -  I would like to play a character which has red skin, naturally it goes that this is because the playby I have chosen has red skin.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Although I think on the more acceptable end of requests, I would like to make sure I am not making an impossible request before spawning my character in. I am fully aware that skin color of another type is non-standard, and that while it is only really cosmetic in effect, it would still be a hassle if I was a walking lore break. Regardless, I believe there might be a way for it to be possible. If my reasoning is shallow, it is due to my shallow understanding of lore, despite this I do not think my simple reasoning would be too problematic and unfeasible. Before I elaborate on it, I'll state that I am making this request purely out of RP reasons, that being me wishing to RP with this certain playby, and the approval of this requests has no other strings attached (such as unique lore, special powers, extraordinary circumstances, etc) other than being able to exist with red skin.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Hestia would be a Homunculi of the Salamandra type. As Homunculi are artificially made beings, there is more room to allow for individual differences than natural races which reproduce more or less the same features. Specifically Salamandras are made using Nayrif's blood, adding the element of fire to the equation. Aesthetically, appearing red could naturally fit in line with an existence born out of divine fire god remnants... but to elaborate on a scenario where this could happen: imagine the creator of that being, perhaps they went mad and tried to create something above their capabilities. The red skin could be a mark of deformation, permanent damage/scars etched onto the skin of the Salamandra due to a sloppy job by the alchemist. Otherwise, a more responsible (but still ethically questionable) alchemist could be experimenting with the different qualities he could bring about through the divine ingredient's influence. This wouldn't necessarily mean something cosmetic as red skin would be the goal, but it could be one of many results in a trial and error experiment series. A life brought aside to gather knowledge, but tossed aside after that. I personally find this more preferable as an RP backstory, and would be really fun to RP with as it gives substance and meaning to the red skin beyond "red skin funy and cool". Anyways yes I am out of reasons as I really don't know that much about lore, but I hope you find my logic and scenarios mature and acceptable enough to... be accepted! I await your decisions, SL2 GM gamers.

- Futugaze

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Futugaze's post:
  • adamkad1
Sure, go ahead. You have my approval.

Actually I'm pretty sure we already have a bunch of homunculi with RGB colors running around that didn't even ask and likely assumed homunculi were as free to make as a build-a-bear session.

You can't really blame other players IC'ly/OOC'ly for immediately assuming what kind of race you'd be though with such an exotic appearance.
[Image: tenor.gif]