Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Spellthievery (ft. Snatch Spell rework)
Just a random idea that may or not make sense to be implemented.

I don't know if the class needs this or not, but it would be cool if Spellthief could know which spells they're swooping from the enemy instead of randomly. This completely hinders one suggested playstyle for the class. The "spell stealer". Right now the only and most optimal use for this gimmick is to play the "build-your-own-mage-dream" playstyle, which is honestly quite stale after all those years.

So! Here's something to shake things up. First, to make Spell Snatch more intuitive for both enemy and user:

Quote:Spell Snatch

New Effect: This will attempt to steal the last Spell your target has used this round, or a random spell if none has been used.

Then, to make Snatch Spell more effective, since it's impossible to steal Area of Effect spells, given this technique's condition of "You must be targeted specifically".

Quote:Snatch Spell

New Effect: If you are damaged by a spell while this effect is active, you will steal that spell at the end of its effect.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • HaTeD, Poruku
Yeah that would certainly go a long way to making spellthief more viable as a..... spell stealing class

Stealing a spell in combat should just be more reliable and viable overall.
I mean, I think they should just get trickery effects similarly to steal. Spellthief should also potentially have the ability to use daggers as casting tools.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Ace, HaTeD, Pyro, Shujin, Snake
Yeah, and VA as well. Perhaps rogue should get a skill that lets daggers be used as casting tools as 80% effectiveness or some sort of other requirement
I think that could be a good Suggestions topic to make, all Rogue promotions could use Trickery effects but right now, spell-thieving oriented Spellthief needs better tools of trade.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm still more of the mind that spellthief and void assassin's kits are just at odds with themselves and need changing. I don't think dagger casting tools will do much of anything to fix that problem, as daggers make for terrible casting tools anyway.
perhaps spells stolen mid combat should use the original owners SWA?
(04-25-2022, 05:19 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: perhaps spells stolen mid combat should use the original owners SWA?
I was thinking about this and it makes perfect sense. They should also get some sort of buff if they got stolen this combat