Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fortunite And You
Semi Short and sweet with numbers, but for the love of god I hate posting on the forum but it seems my recent limit testing drew alot of wanted attention but in the wrong areas. Let me answer for it.

Average non buffed evade sits around 150, highest hit with buff ive seen is around 300 without niche cases going higher. A disparity none the less. Call this the desperate act of evasion since trying to evade effectively outside of very specific class combos will not happen.

FOR FUNCTIONALITY AND THEMATICS, (for the love of god i am not talking about costs) Fortunite should break the evade cap and give between 50-100 evade in addition that only applies to the first hit check of any damage instance. This would; Stop fortunite from being applied on autohits (unless it is intended when dev changed the item for the gr2 update) and also not allow tanks to benefit (tanks, the people with no evade investment) from a free damage reduction tool before applying possible guards and other mitigations.

Now let me get to the specifics of this item. Emerald+Black Pearl = 3 fortunite at the cost of 100 murai per creation. It being 1 momentum is not the real issue, it's current application is. Should it remain for an amounted time and not disappear after a single hit check? I do not believe this best for the cost. It's still a buff, and like a buff it is subject to other mechanics in the game and can be messed with. Preparation and game knowledge is key to dealing with such things. Like skip, or funny red counter stone, even steal or null shot. :pepewhy: I'm sure there's more ways to dealing with it.

Now let's get to the bones of the debate. I stand by Autumn in a certain solidarity and patience to see a change in the hit/evade system as much as they and I argue about what exactly needs to be changed there. There's a greater underlying issue in the system that must be accounted for in order for this item's interaction within it to be balanced. I am for changing the item, but we need to be patient and slow down with all these balance posts lately for our game dev.

Messages In This Thread
Fortunite And You - by Trexmaster - 04-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by Pyro - 04-25-2022, 07:01 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by sadbot - 04-25-2022, 09:23 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by Poruku - 04-25-2022, 04:04 PM
RE: Fortunite And You - by InsainArcaneBirdbrain - 04-26-2022, 02:46 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by adamkad1 - 04-27-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by Trexmaster - 04-27-2022, 04:39 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by HaTeD - 04-27-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Fortunite And You - by Snake - 04-28-2022, 01:21 PM