Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character App for Extra Appendages and More Monstrous appearance
I am posting this on behalf of BYOND key SatanicMegiddo on account of verification garbage. This is in regards to a Chimera character.

[Image: unknown.png?width=1441&height=462]

Applicable BYOND Key: SatanicMegiddo
Character Name: Beherit
Request Type: Character Extras ( Limbs/Appendages.)
Request Details: My character has extra parts in their body that is typically unconventional, as stated in the description I've given to them. Which is as follows

"They have four arms, covered in black sinewy carapace, as well as several thorny tendril like tails slithering out from their lower spine, made of a similar material. Both the arms and tendrils are decorated with violet eyes whose pupils dart around restlessly. 

They do not wear shoes due to the fact that their feet are carapaced draconic talons that attach seamlessly to their otherwise human legs.

They stand tall, at 8 foot, and are of a slender build. Their body can be seen undulating unnaturally at times, as though they had living things slithering underneath their pale skin.

It is hard to tell at times whether the black parts of their body are solid, sinewy or some kind of compressed liquid. As if she were half consistent of lustery, ever-shifting shadow.

There is a radiant purple, jam-like substance that leaks from her black carapace"

The parts in question that I am apping for, are the existence of four arms, and the tendril like tails. Everything else is intended to be grotesque additions to add to the monstrous themes I'm attempting to go for. Example being the jam that leaks out is nothing useful, cannot be used for anything save for occassion I may fluff using it for aquamancy, in which case its nothing more than colored thicker water. No additional properties there other than to add to a disgusting spook factor. 

The all arms are fully functional, and are identical. The tails are very much functional as well. 

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable): In truth, my original intent was to say that my chimera was simply built with said monster parts, magic and a corrupted human's body (such as a shaitan), and black beast mud. If this original intent isn't possible, I can change the origin instead to say that they were simply fed monsters after initial creation and work with that instead- thus:

As per the chimera lore supplemented in the wikia, I was under the impression that I would be allowed to make something monstrous leaning than most other races, and honestly the name "Chimera" felt like it was something that would lend to the idea of making something different to begin with. The writings in said wikia say that chimera may grow several different appendages based on what they have consumed, and to further that its stated that chimera apperances vary depending on what their mutations have been. I can think of a maybe one or two monsters where the tendrils may have come from despite the color/flavor I've given them to support their presence on the character. 

The extra set of functioning arms are another matter that can be argued against for sure, though the wikia does say they can gain additional (new) appendages from what they've consumed. Of the bdps, there are many humanoid-leaning monsters that can be consumed to allow for an extra set of arms to have grown. Some with claws, or large fists even. If the IC of that is tenous at best, then at least know it was done with what I thought was something acceptable from within the game and lore written. 

I know that these additions may present potential mechanical benefits strictly in the IC of things- though I'd very much like to be able to keep them, as my intent wasn't really to gain an advantage but rather portray a chimera in a way I thought possible and felt like would add to the uncanny unsettling vibe. I feel like what I have done here adds to that and is a continously important aspect to what I'm trying to portray in my rp. I know I cannot control the reactions of those who would rp around me, but the idea was to further the reason as to why this brand of homonculi would be seen as conversial through these means- and though this may lean on the opinionated way of things, I'd like to posit that if they are only allowed such slight changes to their appearance as chimera, that it'd really feel as though they were just any other race already available in the game to begin with. Leaving few with reason to see them as anything different beyond their creation- of which they simply dont have to mention to blend in really. 

I'd really like to keep the corrupted aspect of their creation intact, in some manner of frankenstein-ish theme, and I even intend to roleplay out a weakness to Iashus as other corrupted would. I do not intend to use this to gain a mechanical advantage, everything will simply be lore based and rp based, and if I do come across something I'd like to do creatively in lieu of an event if I ever were to think of one- I'd come to seek approval for that anyways. 

Said wikia article says that they must have a human core to them, I realize, which is why I've left their torso, head, upper legs, shoulders, and upper arms human in nature. Additionally... they're eight feet tall, which wasn't something really focused on at all, although I would like to keep that and I'll simply say its size increase due to their consumptions. I do not intend to go over eight feet. At all. What so ever. Nor was it my intent to make anything bigger.

To add, as for their tails I intended for them to have four, and only really use them to greater effect when I activate moves like “Vine Pull” from an orbello install. 

Everything I have put together for my character is something I feel is very important, so I'd like to keep it as intact as possible. 
they do.. infact use shapeshifter to be real, but I don't want to use that as an excuse as it feels cheap personally. If its something that can support my case in the long run, I don't mind adjusting for it honestly.  Though I'd really just like to keep the original vision of my character intact. 

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request: https://neus-projects.net/wiki/index.php/Chimera (With a screenshot of said page supplied),  Various monsters in bdps consumed- with some background lore that I intend to rp out in interaction supporting that they were fed monsters upon their creation. Things such as Legumes, Mad vines, and jellyfish are among the tendril'd examples I can think of, where as Frost giants, goblins, Slider zombies, several humanoid undead in the lich tombs are what I can lay out to explain having feasibly grown extra limbs- with the addition of having eaten several clawed things like scare bears, frost tyrants, and etc. 

Origin story I had written down personally was that they were a chimera made with the standard requirements, monster parts and a corrupted’s corpse- such as a shaitan. Usual albedo reasonings would be behind it, such as accessing the potential akashic knowledge they can potentially spawn in with, as stated in the overall homunculi wiki page, sited from here; https://neus-projects.net/wiki/index.php/Homunculus

They were made by Albedo mages and sold to another mage ( or not ) whomst would make use of them. The intentions are unclear cause thats where my writing stops as I’ve allowed for that to be rp’d out by a friend of mine. Ie the intentions of the “villain” in their background are entirely up to them- I can tell you privately the player that would be responsible for doing that if its needed. The caravan holding them would have been intercepted by another individual whomst is played by another friend of mine, and since then they’ve been dealing with the consequences of looking after this character. I can also tell you who they are privately, if its needed. I’d like to keep these things on the private end because I usually like for character backgrounds to be discovered via interactions rather than just flat out lore dumps on my part, though I do have it written down for my personal reference. We do intend to rp out a slight.. Mini event? I dont know if thats the right word for it, to reflect this- though we’re waiting for a time where we all have time to do this properly.

Attached is a screenshot from the Wikia page regarding homunculus creation:

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • HaTeD, Kiss
((I've discussed with the player in question in DM's about allowing another player post for them. Please inform them to copy/paste the stuff written in here when they've managed to make their account and I can delete this one.))

Seeing as you have a firm grasp on the lore currently provided and written up by Dev as of this date as well as being aware of the challenges a homunculi of a more exotic appearance would face in an IC public setting.

I would also take this as a height request since a height like that requires an app.

Currently as a community homunculi have been coming in all shapes and sizes and we don't have super formal/specific rules of what is the limit. A large majority of player characters are highly accepting of exotic looking homunculi going about their everyday lives which is a rather large dissonance to what your average citizen of the Empire in the capital would feel towards such homunculi.

I will more or less approve more monstrous looking homunculus because I myself like the diversity but in the future that may or may not change.

Feel free to add in your OOC notes that you've gotten approval by myself.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Kiss, KitKatarine