Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maximum crafting skill level should not include Legend Ink
I'm not super articulate about these things but bear with me. 

Normally, when levelling up a crafting skill, you get a maximum of 9 levels to play with - equaling a maximum of 6 in one skill, and 3 in another, lesser skill. 

What I didn't know is that Legend Inks are taken into account with this, effectively removing two potential levels, making a maximum of 5(+1) in one skill, and 2(+1) in another. 

"But KitKat, you stupid moron, that's still maximum of 6 and a maximum of 3, so what the f*** is the problem?"

THE PROBLEM, is that Legend Inks are supposed to help ENHANCE the skills. By capping the skill at 2(+1) (as it is in my situation), I've essentially been cheated out of a level I would have had, if I hadn't put the stupid Legend Ink in the first place. 

"Well, that just sounds like an oversight on your part" <-- Shut.

Please, I would love to have it be a bonus. Give us our level 6(+1) and a level 3(+1).
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like KitKatarine's post:
  • Akame, Blissey, Boomkiller, Dystopia, jintheblue, Kazzy, NICC, Sawrock
The crafting levels are kind of unintuitive. I wouldn't mind a look going to the system after Korvara launches so that it's less of a headache to deal with.

As much as I like the Inks giving +1, maybe just having them expand the cap would be easier than having them add a boost. I dunno. I wouldn't want to grind that last level with how much of a hell that already is for some (most) crafts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kazzy's post:
  • Dystopia, KitKatarine
(06-13-2022, 09:28 AM)Kazzy Wrote: The crafting levels are kind of unintuitive. I wouldn't mind a look going to the system after Korvara launches so that it's less of a headache to deal with.

The whole damn crafting system is unintuitive but yeah, it'd be nice to have this looked at.

Expanding the cap would be nice, too.
[Image: unknown.png]
I kind of agree with this. I hate having to spend Legend Inks, which take REAL LV60 GRINDING into the table, for things that'll be cripplingly expensive to craft. It's a loss-loss situation from the beginning to the end, and by far the most unfun interaction with the game we can possibly have, especially if we're playing characters who are not combatants.

I always found this arbitrary level cap kind of unnecessary, including the Legend Inks. Our 'Crafting Levels' should not be based on our combat level, that's for sure. They should be independent, or have their own Legend Book.

Crafters =/= Fighters, after all.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Akame, Dystopia
Im not quite fond of potentially letting a person get two 6's though, if we were to expand the amount of levels you can get
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
?

Legend Ink isn't taken into account at all; You get 6 to put into skills. With legend ink, the cap you can get if you're maxing one out and focusing all the rest on another is 6/4, not 6/3?

1 (base) + 4 (capped out skill, at 5) + 1 bonus (LE) = 6
1 (base) + 2 (out of points to spend) + 1 bonus (LE) = 4

I don't actually follow this thread at all. You can have 6 in one, 4 in another, and then 2 in everything else. Or if you want, 6/3/3/2*.
I wouldn't personally mind that 6 be the cap for crafting skills, the tradeoff for hard grinding into it is that there are no level 7 craft if should you choose an ink later, and you lose a crafting level point. And also probably have to grind a bunch of crafting EXP.
(07-23-2022, 08:05 PM)Autumn Wrote: I wouldn't personally mind that 6 be the cap for crafting skills, the tradeoff for hard grinding into it is that there are no level 7 craft if should you choose an ink later, and you lose a crafting level point. And also probably have to grind a bunch of crafting EXP.
I mean yeah, TBH I think it would be better if 6 was max level and there was no ink boosters
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(07-23-2022, 08:06 PM)adamkad1 Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 08:05 PM)Autumn Wrote: I wouldn't personally mind that 6 be the cap for crafting skills, the tradeoff for hard grinding into it is that there are no level 7 craft if should you choose an ink later, and you lose a crafting level point. And also probably have to grind a bunch of crafting EXP.
I mean yeah, TBH I think it would be better if 6 was max level and there was no ink boosters
That's not what I'm saying, make 6 the maximum level instead of 5, but keep the ink boosters for those who want to optimize and specialize in 2 crafts, as to allow people who do not want to LE their character to obtain the proper crafting level to craft their top tier things. A bonus as the OP had mentioned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shujin