Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open World Nodes
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5474#p5474 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm[/url]"]Before any of this comes into play, one major key part of the game needs to change. Crafting materials need to be gathered outside of dungeons. I'm not going to explain why, but it's a necessary, especially in the crafting world.

-Ash Wood should be able to be gathered from the Cellsvich Forest, various woods from Dormeho docks (imagine random driftwood nodes, perhaps with some Coral pieces occasionally), and/or from any free-standing tree with the 'Axe' (imagine Pickaxes, and their usefulness levels type thing). Once per free-standing tree per person per IC day (same as Old Iron Mine veins), and woodpiles and driftwood should act as dungeon nodes do. Driftwood could also be more common if there were a beach type area, such as around the edge of Gold and/or on the edge of Sigrogana.

-Plants, same as above. Cellsvich Forest, there are already a few around the Shrine area, maybe some prefer to grow in caves (waterfall cave, Old Iron Mine, etc), seaweed gathered around Dormeho. Perhaps some more nodes added in the grassy area around the Chata-whatever town, since it has so much space.

-Pawn Shops that SELL crafting items in the market stalls around Chata-whatever and Dormeho, open from Hour 8 to Hour 16. Could swap characters from time to time, same way that pub NPCs do. Food, cloth, ores, because those would make sense.

-Hikari/the Church could sell Pure Water (if she/they doesn't/don't already), someone else sell Gunpowder, etc etc.

-Ores, we have the Old Iron Mine, but perhaps the mine should be extended, or an upper level to Tannis added with more (or a larger) mining caves, with dungeon-esque nodes.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5364#p5364 Wrote:Slydria » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:05 am[/url]"]- Deserts could contain old bones that can be rummaged for miscellaneous loot such as Beast Fangs, Bird Feathers, Jammer Bones, etc.

But with the continent Gold.

-Cloth gathered from some kind of animal. Baaa.

I don't know if I missed anything, and I also tried to suggest multiple points for each node type to come in, so let me know if I missed something.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
I've supported it countless times before, and that hasn't changed now. This really needs to happen.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5482#p5482 Wrote:Zakizo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am[/url]"]I've supported it countless times before, and that hasn't changed now. This really needs to happen.

Same.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
There are herbal resource nodes already in the Cellsvich Forest, but more is always great. We should also be capable of growing our own fruits, vegetables, herbs, et cetera within player homes, even if it costs a hefty sum of money (in comparison to donation items already, although this is just hyperbole). Alternatively we can rent out farm space for Murai or maybe even Gold (wow, an actually viable usage for gold except being pretty!).

I support this idea and this hasn't changed, nor will ever change.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5502#p5502 Wrote:Blissey » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:05 am[/url]"]There are herbal resource nodes already in the Cellsvich Forest, but more is always great. We should also be capable of growing our own fruits, vegetables, herbs, et cetera within player homes, even if it costs a hefty sum of money (in comparison to donation items already, although this is just hyperbole). Alternatively we can rent out farm space for Murai or maybe even Gold (wow, an actually viable usage for gold except being pretty!).

I support this idea and this hasn't changed, nor will ever change.

A farm map has been desired forever, there are icons for it and I've even coded a basic plant growing code in DM. (Not to undermine Dev, just throwing that out there.) So, a farm, which doesn't seem like an impossible dream, is still heavily desired.

Also, that forest on West Sigrogana has been sitting out there doing nothing as potential map space for the longest time (housing district and plant nodes, please?)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!