Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Husbandry, It can be easy I promise
Milk, Cotton, meat, Eggs.

How do we do it? Well it can be complicated, or just really really goddamn simple.

You make a bunch of interact-able animal objects and spread 'em out throughout the world based on the general distribution of farm animals  you would expect the places to have.

Chickens for eggs and or Chicken meet. Cows for beef and or Milk. Sheep for wool. And so on and so on.

Now, to actually harvest this shit, you need to regularly feed the animals with feeder crops. An example of a feeder crop being corn or other such things.

Now the exact specifications of the yield rates and the yield times and maybe even an sprite change to suggest that you can yield from them is currently beyond my paygrade since I don't really have the data to figure it out. Probably a few IRL hours or something along that line given the more restricted yield in general.

Now, alternatively... if you really want to go into the hellish coding to make this viable...

You have designated Animal Husbandry Sections:
Each section can hold a specified amount of animals. You, the player, can determine the distribution of said animals. Each animal will require a different amount of feed which will contribute to an overall feed total that you need to keep feeding the animals once every hour or so. You can then- to make things reasonable so people can sleep, overfill the feed hold so the animals will be fed for a number of hours based on how much you've filled the feeding hold for. Then, when it comes to harvesting time, you can either harvest the renewable resource from the animal which will be harvestable at a faster frequency, or alternatively you can kill the animal to harvest them for the meet, hide, ect. but you will need to raise another animal to do it again which will take longer. Each animal will need to have somewhat different growth rates towards maturity.

Ultimately, this turns animal husbandry into much more of a management sim which I will admit- is my crack, but at the same time is probably gonna be a shit load more annoying to code so you don't really have to if you don't want to.

Long story short though, I just want farm-able animals. In whatever way shape or form they appear. I mean, you could even just make animal seeds that instead of needing to be watered you need to use corn or something like that. I'd be down for that.
You son of a bi :evil:. You piece of sh Confusedhock: . You goddamn fuc :geek: ! Listen fuc :x head! You have crossed the fu 8-) ing line! Get that through your godd :lol: fuc :x ing head! Stop pushing your sh :mrgreen: ! You're the ones that have fu :? this country over and gangra Arrow
the shi Tongue out of it!
[-] The following 2 users Like damycles's post:
  • Shadbase, Shujin
Also mushrooms. Please, make some farm-able mushrooms. Maybe some intractable that you need to sacrifice stuff as compost to, you know?
You son of a bi :evil:. You piece of sh Confusedhock: . You goddamn fuc :geek: ! Listen fuc :x head! You have crossed the fu 8-) ing line! Get that through your godd :lol: fuc :x ing head! Stop pushing your sh :mrgreen: ! You're the ones that have fu :? this country over and gangra Arrow
the shi Tongue out of it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes damycles's post:
  • Shujin