Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making a Case for a Ranger Rework
1m annorum when? You're going to get pressure fletched and you're going to like it.

Also tree.
Although I do like a lot of Slydria's ideas, the only other thing that I'd like to stress that isn't touched on that much is that ranger's arcane bow skills are, for the most part, pretty samey when it comes to range and targeting. The prospective changes tackle this in a few cases with and without annorum, but it would still leave about half as a 5 range elemental zap in your flavor of choice. I think that more variety in range and targeting with and without annorum across most skills would make the class more flexible and fun to play. Updating the elemental scalings also couldn't hurt, considering right now they're quite dated and the easiest to stack elements get 130% while the more niche ones are often shafted a bit with 100%.

The only other thing I'd like to add is making those 4 non arcane skills reduced to 3 points rather than two is unlikely to have any impact on ranger's crippling skill point issues. All but flip shot are taken by exactly 0 rangers ever to begin with, meaning that even if they were buffed and usable it would be a net gain of 2 skill points for pretty much all rangers. Given ranger's identity as a 'jack of all trades' when it comes to elements, I think they should be able to lean into that and be able to invest in lots of arcane skills by having them all reduced to max rank 3. This would free up points for the other potentially buffed parts of the class that previously were never touched, and give the class plenty of options and flexibility with its arcane skill choice without giving it an answer for everything thanks to the idea of annorum putting the skill on cooldown rather than itself.