Poll: Glykins should pay the san tax
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PAY THE STAT TAX LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
71.43%
20 71.43%
I don't want to pay the tax because I have a Glykin
28.57%
8 28.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial
idk, I think if you get poisoned or another sort of debuff like that where you use an ability or item to cleanse it you shouldn't be able to be poisoned again the next turn at the very least, it encourages some kite-worthy gameplay, and that tied in with say, going something that heals can be annoying just as an on paper thing.

however, back onto topic.
i think while ic should be a valid thing for races, with game design you need to know when to do it and when not to do it, the very typical example of this is say, call of duty.
you can carry 8 grenades in real life, you can't in call of duty.
you need to know when and where to pull back on the 'this is realistic' and 'this is a game'.
do I think that something should have full immunity to poison? sure, if it has proper downsides or setup, because tbh I think summoners being able to rotate immunities is not healthy or engaging, but I'm not too sure on the entire balance of SL2, just giving my take as somebody that has (attempted) to study game design.
#nerf summoner
#nerf poison
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoberJones's post:
  • HaTeD
Not to mention that Anti-Toxin in most cases does not even cure the poison cause poison level too high. Snakebane is usually better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • HaTeD
(07-15-2022, 09:56 PM)Shujin Wrote: Not to mention that Anti-Toxin in most cases does not even cure the poison cause poison level too high. Snakebane is usually better.

Anti-Toxin reduces the level of the poison, so even if it doesn't cure it, chances are its lowering it down to a level that is much more manageable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • HaTeD
"Poison was as weak as Burn"

*stares at my 55 scaled DEF getting socked to 30.*

I'm sorry, I just had to put this in. Burn isn't a pushover status effect at all, wheeze.

Anyway, the topic here is not that poison is strong or weak, it's that Glykin has one single passive that makes them ignore a whole game mechanic without any form or shape of counterplay/drawback, thus why being the argument why they are 'strong', since there's no other race in the game that has only benefits without drawbacks

So let's focus on fixing that. I vouch for Kunai's idea of making Glykins be poisoned, but take no damage from it, but still suffer a penalty to status resistance.

That idea sounds cool and sane.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Dezark, K Peculier
I do feel Glykin in it sense is rather strong with it ability, but it does have the perks of it golden blood's lore to why they don't get sick or fall ill to poisons as easily.. so that said, I don't feel removing this mechanic or making it heavily focused on more san is a good call, as there already a cap on their hp regen that you can get from san compared to how it used to be.. so I do enjoy the idea of kunai's suggestion (even if the nerd vouching for his own post) make it so there a % chance that a glykin is poisoned, and while they take no damage their golden blood is working harder and they're weaker to other status effects on resistance, you can still get a big chunk of status res; and this drop could be something big or even small of being like 1/2th the level of the poison taken off, that way it not a debuff that going to bite them in the ass, and not something hexers can abuse by extending it duration to throw more status effects on them than they already have.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dezark's post:
  • HaTeD, Snake
[Image: a7f105e40c4a241fba1a2f8053091610a5f35e4e.gifv]
I sure hope this doesn't have the opposite effect of what I want.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Pyro, Snake