Poll: Glykins should pay the san tax
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PAY THE STAT TAX LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
71.43%
20 71.43%
I don't want to pay the tax because I have a Glykin
28.57%
8 28.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glykins - Making them invest in San for their best racial
Being completely immune to poison by just existing is kinda dumb. That's all that needs to be reeled back, I think.
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheCommonNoob's post:
  • K Peculier, Snake
(07-13-2022, 06:07 PM)Snake Wrote: Glykins do need a drawback of some sort, tied to their Golden Blood.

I suggest they should be completely immune to any form of Poison-type damage (natural 999% Poison Resistance), but they can still be inflicted with the status. And while they are Poisoned, their blood is working on overtime to keep the toxins in check, therefore lowering their Status Resistance by 50% (-10% per 10 Scaled SAN to a minimum of 0%)

This could be a good compromise between people who don't like them being fully immune to Poison's effects, and also people who want Poison to at least affect them in some way so they're not the godmod race.

I don't comment on Balance because hahahahaahahahahah caveman go fire
But this is cool, I like this.

Good Idea Kuan
[-] The following 5 users Like Rexan's post:
  • adamkad1, Akame, Fern, K Peculier, Snake
(07-14-2022, 05:48 AM)TheCommonNoob Wrote: Being completely immune to poison by just existing is kinda dumb. That's all that needs to be reeled back, I think.

That is literally their god blessing, yes. I guess it's dumb to exist. (Sarcasm) Take this away from them and suddenly you mess with lore, mountains of rp and take away their identity. I would be beyond disappointed if they had their poison immunity removed or gutted. You don't really recieve much else as a glykin besies 10 hp a turn and a debuff cleansing passive in a game where most debuffs last 3 or less turns, so it doesn't even work 80% of the time. Give Glykin weaknesses, don't take away poison immunity. This race will be dropped faster than ninth period spanish class if it's tied to a stat, and not to even mention the backlash to other poison res races who will have to build even harder for poison res  racials to even make sense. AS per the OP, just change how snake shot works to movemod inflict if you want to use that combo. 

I'll still say poison sleight and kite is a bullshit playstyle and Glykin relieves all of that tension to such cheese, but we're only talking pvp here right? I see no issue poison immunity causes the rest of the game outside of someone's salt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaTeD's post:
  • TCBlade
That's unrelated to the state of Glykin and its interactions with the game for being outright immune to the infliction of the status itself.

This is the same as Kaelensian who could fully ignore the Blind debuff, and that was adjusted because a debuff is a debuff (I'm sure many of you YOUNGINS forgot what the oldest interaction of Golden Eyes did), so I don't really see why not we can have the same done to Glykin. Especially when, unlike Blind, Poison does have a lot of combo potential, items and skills that interact with the status. (Argent Ring is an example, Snake Shot is another).

On that same page, suddenly giving Glykins elemental weaknesses is also not very 'IC' to do, and I'd cringe if I suddenly had to change my build to cover that for no real reason, when we can have the compromise I suggested.

Not too crippling if you invest in something, but also gives Poison a chance to exist in a Glykin.

(and also explains how they can get drunk IC, i guess)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Rexan
now question is, if we hypothetically see glykin poison resistance changed, what about dullahans? Is their fp drain considered to be enough drawback or?
I still believe it is okay for certain races to be a little "Better".

Aslong as the really strong races have their lore respected...Such as Dullahans not being your normal friend without a body. That one always irked me for example.

Also I think poison is still the actual issue. Not glykin itself.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • HaTeD, TCBlade
Trying to say 'muh IC' in response to a balance discussion is silly. Almost every race is blessed or has something that would justify them being OP. The only reason it's a special consideration for Glykin is because they're already OP so people who use the race don't want it changed. The same argument could be made to stop from taking away Glykin's full poison immunity as you could to remove all instances of sanctity scaling and just giving every race their full bonus from level 1.
they are only "OP" because of how strong poison is, so they are only really OP against poison builds which melt basically everything else very easily.

If poison was for example as weak as burn, no one would bat an eye at the full poison immunity.
[-] The following 3 users Like Shujin's post:
  • BoberJones, HaTeD, TCBlade
Poison is a counter to huge health stacks whose entire goal is to kite people. The only reason poison is so strong is because that strategy is also very strong. The biggest reason why burn is so lackluster even at what it is intended to do is because there aren't many good ways to apply it. Most of them are single target, short range, have awful targeting, etc, and fire is an element with so many counters that can be employed mid-fight that a build that might make incidental use of it is usually very rare.
Poison really isn't all that strong as people say it is, like honestly its not that big of a deal in comparison to some other things in the game, it only ever becomes a relevant thing when an ability with damage has a high level poison, such as phase fang and wretched oil, in which case you're just adding a large amount of damage on an ability with an already good amount of damage. Its gotten beaten up and sent to the pit already, but still remains as a viable option on moves such as Wretched Oil and Phase Fang, but by no means is it overpowered.

Poison is good at what it does currently, and is a worthwhile damage source available to quite a number of classes, but in high amounts it is only available to very few. If poison kiting should become a problem, well a pocketed anti toxin might help do the trick long enough to win the fight for.