Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gigantys Rework
Me and many others think that Gigantys as it is, is simply.. bad. Like, unusable bad. I haven't had anyone that's tried to use the thing, liking the idea that big weight = big damage, to quickly realize that the chonky sword is in a pretty bad spot. Compared to other 10 Stars, that have little to no downside at all to them, Gigantys in comparison has three big issues.

Firstly, the weight. With Titan Gauntlet added now in Korvara it's mitigated some, but if you're trying to max this bad boy out you can hit around 79 weight. 79 weight is absolutely massive, if you can even hit that BW at all, you're gonna be struggling to use an armor that has any weight to it. A race with a base strength of 8 pushed to it's hard-cap at 78 strength with the BW talent and Legend Extension'd can squeak out the requirement at 80 BW, just one weight above it. And if anyone debuffs your strength.. you're in trouble.

Secondly, the hit loss. The weight is already hard enough to bypass, but tacked onto it is half of its weight is equal how much Hit you lose. With losing out on Luck giving no hit now, you can only pump Skill so much, most people are struggling to get a good amount of hit. If you don't have at least 200 hit, even the more evasive PvE enemies will push you in. With a max weighted Gigantys and Huge Blade, you are sitting at a whopping -49 hit! Ouch! Lets tone it down some, maybe to 60 weight. Even then, your hit loss is now -30. That's still really big. Or even 40 weight, -20 hit. But weight increases the damage on it, so at that point why wouldn't you just use a different weapon with more SWA scaling, more damage AND no hit loss?

Thirdly
, the 4m basic attack to use it. Not only do you have to deal with staggering weight and massive hit loss, the basic to use its weight damage is 4 momentum! And when you use it, that shoots up to 5m. The only way to even get that off twice in a round would be if the enemy stays next to you, you crit, and have Duelist's Fleur. So much more likely, you're going to use the attack once in a round and that's it. Not only that, the hit loss stays with you the ENTIRE time. You can't even switch to a normal basic to at least sacrifice its weighty damage for a better chance to hit. You're stuck with it. You're usually going to be using your main weapon's actual attack.. once per round, and when you're not using it, penalized with a nasty hit loss still. Whereas every other weapon doesn't have to deal with that issue.

Solution: I would like the hit debuff to be removed entirely. At least tentatively, lest it proves too powerful and Gigantys users overrun the world. I believe this would allow Gigantys to go from having absolutely no use whatsoever, to fulfill its niche of guard-breaking, chonky attacks at the cost of higher momentum usage without being penalized so heavily for just using the thing at all.

[Image: unknown.png]

Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Let us make Gigantys the great weapon it can be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PossumParty's post:
  • Miller
I agree that the weapon, in its current iteration, is essentially never worth using except to meme. Compared to the drawbacks of trying to hit or carry a Gigantys, the damage is remarkably unimpressive compared to some of the other high-damage options that exist in the game. Either the drawbacks, or the damage output, should be adjusted to allow it to thrive in at least some niche.
Not that its really a good thing, but the quintessential fantasy piece for the weapon, Huge Blade, actively harms it as well, cutting down its accuracy by a total of 15, to the point where the optimal Gigantys route is to for-go Huge Blade entirely in favor of Razor Blade for the 15 hit and 20 crit differential.

[Image: vy4guaJ.png]

It still uses the weight gimmick, but only half as well as people want I suppose, in its current iteration it CAN be viable, but not with huge blade, I actually think that Huge Blade is the thing that holds this weapon back more than enough and should likely be adjusted since huge blade generally isn't appealing for most setups now anyway with hit being a mandatory stat.

But with the above screenshot, you could viably say that Gigantys has 93-95 accuracy itself with Black Knight's Grandmaster, which is serviceable, its not the best but it is serviceable. The only issue is that Gigantys' attack kinda just isn't that good, you have to spend 4m on a basic attack that will only apply only once a round, while the rest of your basic attacks don't really gain the bonus all too much? Mostly because they also do not cost 4m.

I think that the bonus damage it applies should apply to every basic attack from the Gigantys, guard break can reamin on solely Heavy Swing but it can also be toned down to 3m. We already have seen the potential of Gigantys with a 3m attack through Steal's trickery effect proccing it, and its really all not that amazing.

Secondly I think that Huge Blade needs a buff, its not a good weapon part, -10 hit -10 crit for 10 weight and 5 power is actively detrimental to the weapons its applied on, you just can't compare to its sister slot, Razor Blade, in any condition with the hit penalty.
I'll just keep it simple, the hit penalty is far too devastating nowadays to be used outside of not upgrading it (which defeats the point of the weapon's gimmick) or the curse that makes your attacks always land.

Since going over BW already is a penalty in of itself, I think it's fine to remove the Hit penalty entirely now.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slydria's post:
  • Miller
I'd vouch for removing the Hit penalty. It'd make that much more viable for sure. But mainly the thing I would wanna see one day? Twin Dance with Gigantyses.

But for that to happen, the Hit Debuff gotta go.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
honestly if a crazy rework isn't on the table then just take away the hit penalty for attacks/skills that aren't heavy swing. they don't get the bonus, so why should they get the massive penalty?

that opens the weapon up to be viable for use on skills through niche builds that can actually carry it or equipment such as the titan gauntlets while reserving heavy swing as your real beefy move to punish people guarding, people who dumped evade, or anyone who let you set up a sure-hit.

and yeah heavy blade could use a little buff. it's an interesting part for its +range, but the penalties are a little harsh in our optimized little meta.
I'd personally enjoy to see the hit penalty removed to let this weapon see it true use, give us the weapon that is a chunk of steel, too large to be swung by a normal man.. too blunt to cut anything proper.. but the hit to be actually useful for fights..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dezark's post:
  • HaTeD
I mean that was the weapon's main flaw. The hit penalty. There will still be better weapons out there but I do believe removing its hit penalty would make it a easier weapon to use. Hell, can even move heavy strike to the weapon's special attack if needed.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]