Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Korvara] The Consistent Events

The People; "Just make a thread on it 4head"
Okay fine. 

Before beginning the writing of this suggestion, I would like to state that the purpose of these suggestions are to fill in a missing conditions, or roleplay aspects that could further encourage people to come to these locations as currently people often do not have much of a reason to lurk, or linger around these spots. In addition, one of the most important reasons for this suggestion was rewards that was essential to crafting, or unlocking special benefits on weapons. 

One of the issues Korvara has does not exist in Sigrogana because the issue was solved by occasional events. However while some things cannot be recreated (Like the Black Beast raids), they can still be done in their own way alternatively by changing the enemy type, and locations around. This thread is to suggest two cordial things.

Meiaquar Fishing Contest

[Image: igjOGy2.png]

Currently most players do not have any actual reason to go to Meiaquar at the current time of writing (7/14/2022) as Meiaquar is often a quiet faction. This is often because they do not have any actual incentives, nor real hooks. One of other issue is the lack of fishing contest event that Dormeho had. One of important aspect about Dormeho, and why people went to that town in Sigrogana to do the fishing contest, was the Sea tokens to purchase Treasure maps, or Sea-themed weapons that was available in the chest.. And of course, the unique baits.

While the fishing trophy is blatantly useless, the rest of the rewards fishing contest offers you still hold some value. It would be nice for Korvara to have their own fishing contest so they may fish for sea tokens to purchase treasure maps to make use of their Landmarker subtalent from Scout Talent, as well being able to focus on fishing to get materials for fugu creation.

[b]____________________________________________

Duyuei Wall Invasion
[Image: qIf3UmZ.png]

While most players do have a reason to go to The Wastes, and Duyeui in general. The major issue is trying to figure out how to farm Chimeric Eyes in a way that could make contextual sense. In this case, I purpose an event that'll occurs every few hours. A raid by the monsters of the Wastes upon the Wall of Duyuei. Giving players a reason to seriously participate in the defense of the Walls, and protecting all of Korvara from their invasion every few hours or so. The Enemies scale to player leader's level, similar to the Black Beast events that occurs in either Tannis, or Dormeho. In addition, I suggest a fail condition and a winning condition. 

Failing condition is that the Wall Defenders do not sufficiently kill more than 30 enemies intruding upon the walls. If they fails this, then the monsters will spawn within the village boundary. Walking, and threatening bypassing players. Of course those monsters will still scale to level. In addition, the village will be damaged (The wall will be damaged regardless of conditions). This allows player to not feel like Servant Training is a wasteful trait. If the players kill more than 50~ enemies intruding upon the walls. A bigger level 70 boss-type monster will spawn in front of the Gate on the sands. Allowing players to band up, and fight him. Upon beating the boss, he will drop a Chimeric eye-mass. Allowing players to finally get their reliable source of Chimeric eyes (Since you can't even trade it lol)

On one hand, gamey events are what kinda ruins Sigrogana's RP. Fishing contests having such massive rewards especially. Additionally, considering there's a focus on player driven content, having certain rewards be locked to cities is a bit of a problem. I'm not a huge fan of how the wastes are the best leveling spot and have 2 neutral resource generating devices while Duyuei already has close access to two of the fastest, easiest end tier dungeons to level in. I'd rather not just bloat that southern half of the map even more, and it being the best place to level is the reason Meiaquar is so inactive.

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have more stuff, and I don't have a better suggestion for chimeric eyes.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Collector, Snake
I do quite like the ideas, Player driven RP is nice, but only eventmins can make things mechanical
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
(07-21-2022, 04:34 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: I do quite like the ideas, Player driven RP is nice, but only eventmins can make things mechanical
With always IC being the rule, everything is already a mechanical aspect of the RP. I'd rather we didn't have the Duyuei rapidly exodus-ing to the North to fish once every few hours and everyone just quietly fraying at the edges of what it means to be always IC by doing ridiculous things for mechanical benefits.

Events are nice. The Duyuei event wouldn't really be a problem under this sort of rule (though as I said, Duyuei doesn't need even MORE reasons to be the best leveling faction in the game), but a fishing contest would be silly. Consider how any RP in Sigrogana happened around fishing contests if you ever saw it happen at all...

The only reason people never wanted to be IC in Sigrogana is because it involved a lot of nonsense like that.
Telegrad could have a vegetable contest, and geladyne some sort of event for training conscripts ( militia ) q daily reward for how many you have trained.