Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Sell Domains and Domain Accessories
This is something of a general post surrounding the concept of spell domains and the things that interact with them, and a couple of potential buffs to these things that I've had rattling around for a while. Two main things here:
  • The idea of giving spells that inflict dual damage types dual domains, making them more accessible for domain related buffs (even double dipping with the two relevant accessories if you wanted a big power boost for one particular spell) and access via conduiz and rotwood.
  • Sweeping buffs for accessories that buff spells of certain domains.

The two main things that would be affected by this are the +2 power accessories for each domain (aka prism jewel and its component accessories) and the domain casting tool materials of conduiz and rotwood.

I think it's fair to say that a +2 power buff for a particular spell domain is pitiful compared to the benefits of most accessories, leading even prism jewel that buffs them all (except nature for no apparent reason) to see essentially no use at all. I think that the respective domain accessories could easily be buffed to a +7 or +8 to reward those that specialize along with the +1 to a stat that they already provide, and prism jewel could similarly be buffed to a +5 to all domains if not also +7 or +8 in exchange for the extra stat point of single domain accessories. In a similar vein, I think that the +5 elemental attack accessories could also be increased to +7 or +8 if not +10 to reflect their rarity, given that they see little use even on builds that specialize in a particular element.

As far as conduiz and rotwood go, I don't think that the dual domain idea would give conduiz anything new except holy spark. Rotwood's currently quite limited pool of huggessoan spells would be expanded quite dramatically though, so I see it being the major point of discussion here. Going from enma's summons and eternal darkness to the entire offensive kit of hexer is the most obvious change as these would all become dual domain spells, but I think that this is acceptable given that wood materials are well known to be much weaker than their metal counterparts across the board. The user would continue to see the already existing weakness of having a casting tool for only one domain after all, a scathing damage reduction or loss of options against those with resistance to that element.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Miller, Shujin