Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mage Skill - Redirect Current
A simple Mage support skill, whenever you cast a non-damaging spell add 20% of the FP cost as power to the first offensive spell you cast. This can stack forever. Enchantment spells, Blink, Swap location, would give even more reason to cast before engaging. Of course the percentile would need to be looked at, since it should be useful but not over-powered since no matter what it won't ever be as good as double casting.
Blink is 4 FP, Swap Position is 10 FP, primary enchants are 8 FP, and secondary enchants are 16 FP, and all are likely to be reduced further by Efficiency talents. Something like this would be justified in being 100% of FP used.

More than anything, though, Mage has SP issues, since they have some needless SP sinks in Tier 2 spells and Auto-Enchant. They'd need to be able to even afford the secondary enchants before being encouraged to use them.
Evoker is already doing stupid amounts of damage, passively building like +4-8 power per spell that gets further boosted by domain boost items or Chargemind, with absolutely no downside and cap is not needed, imo.

Mage/promos is in a very good position already as a class and damage dealer.
But thing is when do you ever want to use the other supporting skills, what I came to realize. I never ever thouight to myself, I want to cast Static Air or Fire Fairy.
That sounds to me like an issue with those buffs.