Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting changes
So. I'll put it here just so it can stand for the record but.... Why is it every time crafting is changed, the user experience for crafting large volume things like bandages, potions, or food tends to inevitably get worse?

To go back to the old days, we had multi-craft chances, which was nice. Those got removed, and instead we got taxes on cutting turnips. And those kinda sucked, but recently we got those reduced in exchange for needing mental stamina.

I can't help but feel that's a downgrade for any who could pay the tax, when crafting beyond ten or twenty items a day.

I've been told that the recent change was in regards to helping out Korvara and making life easier on them, as they'd be hurt more by the crafting fees than anyone on Sigro...

If so... Why does it apply to Sigro characters as well? Why not have it be a toggle option in the crafting menu that you select before you start crafting?

As it stands, an alchemist is incentivized to stuff their mouth as often as physically possible, and to craft when they're at high/full stamina regardless of when, where, or what is going on. This... Just seems wrong.

Look, who knows, maybe this is part of some master plan to kill off the non-combatant merchants or something, but if it isn't.... Could we, like... Maybe add a mental workhorse equivalent? Or add a toggle to pay the old taxes instead of stamina? Punishing anyone who dares play something that isn't a combatant just strikes as a touch odd for a game that prides itself on a roleplay focus. It'd be like a D&D campaign saying you can play anything, but the whole game takes place in a spot with a coinflip chance of spells not working.

Or even just letting us craft larger quantities in one operation, (if the mental stamina is meant to be burnout, then the true solution is obviously just... Get a bigger mortar/pot/alembic.), the best example coming to mind being rimworld letting you craft four meals at a time, for four times the cost, but it requires a higher skill at cooking.

Of course, I could just be the odd one out here, but I'd at least be curious what people think about the topic and hearing if any better ideas could be proposed. I've been told to put a post here the times I've mentioned the topic.

Sorry if this came off as rude, or what have you. It's hard to really put this in to words in a formal manner, and while I tried, it's just not something I'm exactly good at. Thank you for reading this, and thank you for your time. I appreciate your thoughts and input on the idea.
They of few characters, and fewer posts.