Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Demon Hunting 101
(07-27-2022, 04:35 AM)FaeLenx Wrote: Demon Breaker Dullahan?

I forgot Dullahan existed... maybe the Demon Breaker momentum effect could be changed to "your first stance change in the round" rather than "the first time a stance has been used that round" if Dullahan would be too bonkers with it.

Thinking about it, it might be a lot of FP burn out because of Dullahans losing FP from any action they take no matter the momentum cost. If it's a 30 SAN one that should be 3% FP per action, and if they have about 250 FP, that should be about 7 FP cost per.

So, popping Demon Break off to begin with costs 10% FP, in that case it'd be 25 FP for the activation. Soul Rage is another 7 FP, and on round tick it's another 25. If they go through four stances next round, that's another 28 FP...

This leaves the hypothetical Dullahan at 165/250 FP, how much FP they consume after that depends on what buttons they press but I think it sounds like they'd empty out pretty fast, so maybe it'd be okay? Dullahans building way more FP generally won't be tanky since they have to build hit rate either way...

Chaser, Rising Tide and Elemental Rave would be roughly 16/11/11 FP costs before Dullahan racial, and with the racial they would be 23/18/18. I think rather than busted, it might seem like a meme build more than anything because of how much FP the Dullahan would be burning. But if it were an issue, it could just have the alternate condition mentioned earlier instead!

EDIT: I tried building a mainland BK/DH Dullahan with whatever weapon, assumed Mayelia, Dragon King Glove and Helmet, Mars Badge and whatever boots. It doesn't look very tanky IMO, but it could probably slap before running out of FP. Kinda hungry for skill slots, though, but that could be alleviated a little bit by removing some DEF/STR/VIT and throwing it into GUI for an extra slot. Probably worth noting that in this hypothetical build, the Dullahan loses 10 FP with any action taken.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
To be fair, Dullahan exists in a state of perpetually broken. We can't balance around a race that has infinite focus and increased momentum. Let them be brokener with some nonsense demon hunter remake because at least most people would just enjoy it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Fern
To throw my own two cents in, I think having reaver give hit over the raw power bonus would play better into the current system overall, since none of the other changes seem to touch the utter lack of hit the class has (unless I'm being utterly blind at 6am here).

As for the demon breaker skill, you could fix the issues brought up just by making it have an increasing FP cost per active turn like Monk's ki awoken, use the higher of either 10% or 30fp to start, and automatically ending if you reach 0. That way it has more of an impact on FP if overused, and becomes more of a last ditch comeback tool like Either Invitation. Turning itself off at 0 would impose a momentum tax for a dulla to keep resetting it.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
The only thing I am probably worried about is Lead storm and The transformations skills momentum gain.(make the trans skill MC only though)

Overall, though. I think thats a pretty cool change and much needed.
I disagree with it being main class only, unless Demon Hunter's transformation grants them +1 bonus Momentum on a critical hit.

Anyway, another food for thought after I slept on this:

Reaver Combos:
>> If you use Soldier or Demon Hunter skills consecutively, they will gain bonus effects.

Chaser
>> Drags the enemy along the ride if not done airborne, ignoring Knockback or Pull immunity.

Rising Tide
>> If both you and your enemy are not Airborne, the momentum cost is refunded once per round but this skill gains a 2 round cooldown.

Elemental Rave
>> Attacks are doubled, performing 8 swift strikes instead of 4. If all attacks hit, the enemy is inflicted with Nulled until your next round.

Lead Storm
>> The attack cannot be fully avoided. (Full Evade becomes a Glancing Blow) You restore 3M if you are Airborne and not under the effects of Jump Cancel. Gain Jump Cancel afterwards and lose Airborne.

Wild Ride
>> Can be used even if the enemy is not Knocked Down. The enemy also takes a stomp along the ride, for every tile moved, taking Blunt damage.

Descending Uroboros
>> Inflicts the enemy with Clumsy and Worn Out LV20 until your next round. You restore 3M if you are Airborne and not under the effects of Jump Cancel. Gain Jump Cancel afterwards and lose Airborne.

Retaliate
>> The attack cannot be avoided. Knocks back 1 tile per 10 Rage Energy used. You restore FP equal to the amount of Rage Energy used. Reduces your Momentum to 0.

Crashing Bull
>> The attack cannot be fully avoided. (Full Evade becomes a Glancing Blow) You restore 3M if you are Airborne and not under the effects of Jump Cancel. Gain Jump Cancel afterwards and lose Airborne.

Bellowing Stag
>> The attack cannot be fully avoided. (Full Evade becomes a Glancing Blow)

Wild Shinken
>> If no target is attacked, the projectile will become 3 tiles wide and gain piercing properties.
>> If a target is attacked, no projectile will be created, instead the target will be knocked back by the distance of the projectile and all enemies in 2 range of them will take slash damage, while they take blunt damage.

Wild Thousand Stab
>> Attacks are TRIPLED, performing 12 swift, evade-ignoring strikes instead of 4. This will also inflict or empower Wear Out by LV2, which lasts for 2 rounds, and caps at (3 + Demon Hunter Class LV/2).

Wild Turnover
>> You will slam them two extra times, dealing additional blunt damage. If there is a field object or an enemy in the way, they will be knocked down. (The enemy will be knocked back and knocked down)

Wild Roundtrip
>> Your weapon will drag the enemy along the ride forward, and on the way back. Each time the enemy moves, they take slash damage.

Wild Mad Chop
>> Every chop will knock the enemy back by 2 squares and you will teleport to a random cardinal by them. If all attacks hit, they will be inflicted with Clumsy until your next round.

Wild Incise
>> Lingering Damage will be immediately maxed and the duration is extended to 3 rounds.

Wild Execute
>> (is this even possible?) It will inflict Certain Defeat for 10 rounds if the enemy is defeated by this attack.
>> Or maybe a shockwave will be released from the attack, damaging nearby enemies within a 3 range diamond of the target for half of the damage.

Wild Retreating Swipe
>> If you have a Gun as your sub-weapon, you will perform a basic attack with it, while sliding away 2 extra tiles.

This is not my wishlist, just ideas to get the gears turning on how cool a combo-oriented Demon Hunter could ever be.

Oh yeah, on top of that.

Demon Breaker should only be usable by mortal races. So no Dullahan, Lich, Vampire(?) are capable of using it. Mechanations would be a very far stretch.

We can think of lore implications giving that. Maybe it's a certain adrenaline a Demon Hunter feels that comes with the fear of death, since they're pretty much built to fight the unfightable.

Also, about that skill in particular.

Why not make it only possible to activate while under 50% HP for more anime moments?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
you forgot the most important part:
customizable stance quotes (keeping the original color is absolutely mandatory though)
how 2 downvote a post-
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(07-27-2022, 04:57 PM)Shujin Wrote: The only thing I am probably worried about is Lead storm and The transformations skills momentum gain.(make the trans skill MC only though)

Overall, though. I think thats a pretty cool change and much needed.
I don't want leadstotm ignoring evasion, nitro drop already does that