Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burn is too strong
I don't think asking for the current burn effectiveness to be reduced by about half should "work against this so quintessential thing to stop tanks spiralling out of control". Read a bit deeper into what I meant with a grain of el salterino.

Quote:- Burn completely nullifies ALL bonus DEF, which comes mainly out of gear and classes which is yet another bunch of investment. This has the potential to remove up to -20 DEF for just existing (which is the global cap for all bonuses).

It doesn't care if it is provident of Momentum investment in combat, or through SP investment, or through equipment investment. It just 'does not care and goes for the total', which is similar as old Vorpal Strike, in terms of potential, with only the fact it affects bonuses as its limiter.

Maybe not by itself, but Burn is not the only effect that reduces DEF in the game.

(Read: Rampaging)

Quote:- Building status resistance to counter Burn is not very doable for most builds, due to how skewed Infliction VS Resistance is.

The only things in the game which can actually get status resistance (Priest or Summoner) already have their own ways to ignore it or remove the status effect, so this is more like some ironic, sick joke than anything.

And if everyone has to go play the same classes just because a status effect is doing too much, it'll just make the game shoehorn others into playing this or not playing at all, which kills any diversity we can have.

For short. Explain how can anyone who doesn't have an easy access or use for SAN and FAI to resist something that can even get further boosted by this:

[Image: unknown.png]

I still wonder why Dev was so afraid when I agreed that "Luck-based inflictions" should actually have RNG involving it. I might be wrong in 99 things, but there's always 1 where I'm immaculately right.

Quote:- Salamander's Skin Gloves cannot be crafted and are a random drop, thus making them unreliable for 'balance talks'.

They're simply not a given, nor easily accessible, and by the time you find one you'll have lost multiple fights due to Burn abuse and would've just done what Hated suggested, and 'just be a summoner bro'.

If I could combine that with a Shield and make a 'Salamander's Shield' I wouldn't be whining here now, would I?

Quote:- Just be a Salamandra, just have a Drowned Woman on your pocket, etc.

What if none of those fit my IC and I just wanna be a joe who swings a sword and takes blows for their friends? I don't want play yet another Glykin Grand Summoner/Priest because this is literally what everyone is doing due to disliking being subject to crippling, unfair mechanics such as Burn or Poison. A few months ago we had a huge discussion about it which made Great Reckoning 2 a thing, with the objective to make everyone have some semblance of difference from one person to another.

But that only ended up going backwards because some aspects of the game, which could be toned down, are still at full effect and we're having to 'deal with it or git gud'.

That's retarded.

I'm not asking this to be removed, just toned down a little, even if the right route would be asking "Please, make this work as it should and only affect DEF coming out of active buffs so Burn is not 'Rock Paper Scissors Shotgun', but the counterplay for people who buff abuse".

It's just the lazy way out to balance this. A maximum of -10 DEF for inflicting Burn is still decent enough, just not the -20 DEF absurdity that it can be.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Burn is too strong - by Snake - 07-31-2022, 01:57 AM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Kazzy - 07-31-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: Burn is too strong - by HaTeD - 07-31-2022, 04:10 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Snake - 07-31-2022, 04:56 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by FaeLenx - 07-31-2022, 10:08 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Skullcatrons - 08-01-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Miller - 08-01-2022, 10:42 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Maksimum_Fire - 08-01-2022, 11:03 PM
RE: Burn is too strong - by InsainArcaneBirdbrain - 08-02-2022, 01:44 AM
RE: Burn is too strong - by Trexmaster - 08-02-2022, 03:02 AM