Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daralam- New invention for hygiene
Applicable BYOND Key - Mikuel
Character Name - Daralam
Request Type - Permission to have my character to have invented new technology
Request Details -  I would like permission to have my character to have invented and manufactured some showers with help of craftsmen.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - My character is scientist and thus works on creating things for Geladyne. I just figured that I had never heard or saw shower anywhere and though a simple plan to make it.
Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -
The mechanics of this shower are quite simple, but I will explaining them in bit in detail to further clarify why and how this shower could work.

-The basic structure is larger metal barrel which can be filled from outside, pipe connected to said barrel and showerhead, a simple system for the waterflow to reproduce the effect.
-In the barrel, there is few slots one can slide in slips made out nerif's blood or arctic cold to alter their preferred temperature of water.
-There is valve, which when turned applies pressure to galdric metal (or whatever silpheeds curse was called when refined), which releases steady flow of air into the barrel.
-This causes pressure to build up in the barrel, which in return causes water to move to area where there is less resistance, which leads it travelling up the pipe and out of the showerhead.
-After showering, you close the valve. This stops the air being produced and thus causes the water to stop flowing up.
-You need to manually fill the barrel between showers.
Salutations,

This application cannot be approved due to the mechanism you've explained being unable to function as a shower:

Ignoring arguments regarding water compression, the bubbling of water through the barrel into the spout, etc, the use of a screw to presumably activate a Sylpheed tap wouldn't operate as you intend.

[Image: unknown.png]

As noted here, it creates wind when struck, so any use of a screw would only apply temporary force, rather than a permanent one. This would not allow for any steady flow of water as described in your application.

While the staff are not against the concept of a shower, or one that has magical elements to it. There is no need to go into such minutia on how it operates.
So, as far as I understood, shower is fine but I am to skip using silpheed and just tell it flows up due wind magic or so?

Or is this complete rejection? In which case, understandable, have a nice day and remember to take cookie as thanks for taking time to check this up.
Quote:So, as far as I understood, shower is fine but I am to skip using silpheed and just tell it flows up due wind magic or so?

This is Correct.
Understood! I will introduce shower without that as new invention later on. Thank you for the replies!