Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Korvara] Buff lootrates
[Image: 7ZGilvy.png]

Now mercenaries got nerfed (Level capped at 60, weird regenerations after battle, and practically down until rest at inn), and bosses got buffed (Bosses get minions of how many people are fighting them for 1 - 1 ratio. 4 people, 4 minions and a boss. One person, one minion and boss.)

And you're still forced to do chest-runs, and grinding on bosses until you get that specific item drop. It's been a month since you created this Korvaran character. You checked every trade channel for anyone that happens to sell the item you're looking for. Nobody sells it, therefore you're doing this yet another activity.
You decided to group with a random mage from Meiaquar, or Duyuei (or wherever they be). You're running through Terra Flamma, and get into boss-fight. You defeated the boss, but they secured an item you needed. However they plan on giving this item to their friend, and so you end up dreading yet another countless hour of grinding.
Your build is incomplete. Your dreams are incomplete.
And you're still grinding the Terra Flamma for that same item you're trying to get.
But you are unlucky.
And that why you are here; To say
"buff loot pls"
____

The problem with loots in Korvara is simple one, unlike the Great Six (Sigrogana), where you have many avenues of gearings. Spatial cores, Red Chests, Black Books Crafting, and item excess. 
None of these exists in Korvara. Your only avenue of loot are thus;
Fighting Mobs,
Looting Chests,
Non-blackbook Crafting.
You are at the whim of RNG on Korvara, and if other people do not have the items you are looking for, you are out of luck. You are out of opportunities, and are forced to go on this grind treadmill that will take you essentially days, weeks, and may lead to months. Such fate would've been for some players who've been farming the Necromancer for Eternal Servitudes, or other rare items.
In addition, there are also items that you need for your build, but do not exist on Korvara. So not only are you screwed, you're forced to build around this limitation.
"Oh but it builds roleplay"
My brother in Christ,
Fighting Argent Snakes for the 20th time to hope for a mirage scale drop where nobody is socializing at all and is just shitposting in LOOC is not roleplay at that point.
It's just a normal grind session that we've been doing on the Great Six.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
He's got a point there. You know, my grind just to get shapeshifter unlocked, on top of getting youkai AND getting suitable items for the set-up was so painful... I'm STILL on this rollercoaster of agony...
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Your only avenue of loot are thus;
Fighting Mobs,
Looting Chests,
Non-blackbook Crafting.
You are at the whim of RNG on Korvara, and if other people do not have the items you are looking for, you are out of luck."

I can understand how getting exactly what you want out of the grind can be frustrating, but turbofarming the same dungeon over and over again isn't good for you OR effective. Loot is in a pretty good spot right now, and overtuning drops from bosses or otherwise could easily get out of hand.

Here's some tips on how not to drive yourself insane and be efficient on Korvara.

Do your boss rotations. By far the most effective and time-efficient way to get most anything, all you need to do is walk in a big 'ol circle and kill all four map bosses for their juicy loot tables. Usually, 2/4 of the bosses are active and ready to be shaken down for murai. I find that this takes about a half hour when you've got it down, and I've frequently found roleplay just walking around the map while doing them. This is the best way for a casual player or anyone shorted for time to get things.

My personal route is as follows;

Sea of Clouds > Azure Meteorite > (Greater Sending) Ice Palace > Terra Flama. Since Terra Flama is a tad annoying to get in and out of, I sometimes skip it or plume from inside once done.

Buddy up. While a full, four-man grinding party might not be the most engaging experience, I've found that a lot of the lone grinders running or sitting around dungeons would be happy to party up and kill some monsters for a bit. It's nothing special, but having a casual conversation while cleansing the area of mobs is a pretty comfy time; it's also a great way to meet new people and get your character some of those valuable early connections. 

Build luck. If your build can slot it, put 40 in. The effect luck has on drops cannot be overstated. For the aspiring turbofarmer, having luck should be a part of your build anyway if that's what you plan to do. This isn't a solution for anyone and everyone, but boss rotations are still highly effective for those looking for a quick buck and not a build change. 

Hope this helps.
(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Do your boss rotations. By far the most effective and time-efficient way to get most anything, all you need to do is walk in a big 'ol circle and kill all four map bosses for their juicy loot tables. Usually, 2/4 of the bosses are active and ready to be shaken down for murai. I find that this takes about a half hour when you've got it down, and I've frequently found roleplay just walking around the map while doing them. This is the best way for a casual player or anyone shorted for time to get things.

Boss rotation seem ideal on paper until you realizes that unless you're grinding during prime-time, you will inevitably spend more time having to make the boss up, and active. This is only good advice on the paper that there is at least 2-3 players each per Lv60 Dungeon.

(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Buddy up. While a full, four-man grinding party might not be the most engaging experience, I've found that a lot of the lone grinders running or sitting around dungeons would be happy to party up and kill some monsters for a bit. It's nothing special, but having a casual conversation while cleansing the area of mobs is a pretty comfy time; it's also a great way to meet new people and get your character some of those valuable early connections. 

This would be ideal, except the current looting system (Loot are split), and the now-added functionality of bosses having 1 = 1 minion is almost a deterrence, or a punishment for daring to do buddying up in boss-hunting rotations. It would be fine if you're grinding with people you know, and trust for these boss-hunting rotation, but if they are also there for same thing as you. You're looking at similar issues I've pointed out.

(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Build luck. If your build can slot it, put 40 in. The effect luck has on drops cannot be overstated. For the aspiring turbofarmer, having luck should be a part of your build anyway if that's what you plan to do. This isn't a solution for anyone and everyone, but boss rotations are still highly effective for those looking for a quick buck and not a build change.  

"If your build can slot it", which is major keyword here. For people who are forced to go on grinding session, in an attempt to find gears for their build. Especially when they're trying to play high gear-investment classes, they're going to be on this treadmill longer than a class who do not need as much gearing as required to be efficient. In addition, not every build have the luxury to spread their stats across without handicapping their abilities.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't really consider loot to be an issue at the moment, but I find that the current systems of trading are prohibitive toward ideal RP due to everyone spamming out trade requests in lieu of anything else really interesting in notice boards. All for gear that people probably have and would sell if it wasn't a pain finding the people who needed it at the time you felt like doing it.

Merchant RP is pretty great, but the lack of automated merchants is kinda hurting the overall experience when it comes to the small things and leads people to believe that they must personally get every item drop they need themselves or else never see it. It's not a great system with how this game works.

Dumb idea, but maybe make it so automated merchant asago items let you set up your own character as a temporary automated merchant? That way you could have merchants actually walk around and trade without having to go through a lot of clunky menus. I feel like a lot of our issues would be solved if people could trade easier. The items *are* out there, and a bit of extra scarcity isn't a bad thing.

Or a new Korvara specific item like the Ragnarok Online merchant cart that gives you extra storage, sale capability similar to automated merchant, but it can't be taken into any dungeons?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Maksimum_Fire
(08-04-2022, 10:43 AM)Skullcatrons Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Do your boss rotations. By far the most effective and time-efficient way to get most anything, all you need to do is walk in a big 'ol circle and kill all four map bosses for their juicy loot tables. Usually, 2/4 of the bosses are active and ready to be shaken down for murai. I find that this takes about a half hour when you've got it down, and I've frequently found roleplay just walking around the map while doing them. This is the best way for a casual player or anyone shorted for time to get things.

Boss rotation seem ideal on paper until you realizes that unless you're grinding during prime-time, you will inevitably spend more time having to make the boss up, and active. This is only good advice on the paper that there is at least 2-3 players each per Lv60 Dungeon.

(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Buddy up. While a full, four-man grinding party might not be the most engaging experience, I've found that a lot of the lone grinders running or sitting around dungeons would be happy to party up and kill some monsters for a bit. It's nothing special, but having a casual conversation while cleansing the area of mobs is a pretty comfy time; it's also a great way to meet new people and get your character some of those valuable early connections. 

This would be ideal, except the current looting system (Loot are split), and the now-added functionality of bosses having 1 = 1 minion is almost a deterrence, or a punishment for daring to do buddying up in boss-hunting rotations. It would be fine if you're grinding with people you know, and trust for these boss-hunting rotation, but if they are also there for same thing as you. You're looking at similar issues I've pointed out.

(08-04-2022, 08:29 AM)Collector Wrote: Build luck. If your build can slot it, put 40 in. The effect luck has on drops cannot be overstated. For the aspiring turbofarmer, having luck should be a part of your build anyway if that's what you plan to do. This isn't a solution for anyone and everyone, but boss rotations are still highly effective for those looking for a quick buck and not a build change.  

"If your build can slot it", which is major keyword here. For people who are forced to go on grinding session, in an attempt to find gears for their build. Especially when they're trying to play high gear-investment classes, they're going to be on this treadmill longer than a class who do not need as much gearing as required to be efficient. In addition, not every build have the luxury to spread their stats across without handicapping their abilities.

Mate, I do boss rotations at 4 AM EST frequently. The bosses are up more often than not. If they aren't? I kill 1-5 spawns and they're right there for me to slap. In fact, I find it MORE difficult to do my boss rotations during prime time because they're in the cooldown period more often.

As an addendum, loot drops are BOOSTED in a party to compensate for the split. Unless it's a boss, it hardly matters. I also don't see how MORE monsters in a boss fight is a deterrence for grinding; it's the opposite.

Loot is in a great position. 7-10 stars are reasonably rare, people trade smaller items frequently, and gearing isn't trivial. If I wanted easy, frequent loot drops and items, I'd go to Sigrogana and get them. 

I've done all I can do here. Good luck with your boss rotations.
I'd rather not buff loot, but make more crafting books accessible.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like Snake's post:
  • Anhita, Autumn, Collector, Lonestar, Maksimum_Fire, Senna, Shujin, Slydria
Agree with the Kuan.

I think the focus shouldn't be "Make grind easier" but make the experience more player interaction based. Make more materials farmable, make more materials grindable, make bone saws not only get Remains but maybe some items too related to the corpse? At other avenues for collecting a lot of people enjoy those rotations alot more than dungeon boss rotations.

Stuff like that is makign the experience more engaging for roleplay. No one ever truly liked dungeon grinding, but making stuff accessible make people also feel more worth in the profession they have choosen to play, and that counts tenfold if their whole chracter is "I am a Blacksmith!". So let the Blacksmith do their blacksmithery reasonably. Or any other craft.
Yeah I agree with Kunai mostly here, for easily accessible every day options, let crafting do the job, blacksmithing in particular kinda got a lot of its stuff removed in favor of giving it to the other crafts, so a buff to blacksmiths would be probably for the best regarding some forms of loot, then letting the rare items obviously be rare, so merchants can still sell exclusive goods.
(08-04-2022, 11:30 AM)Snake Wrote: I'd rather not buff loot, but make more crafting books accessible.

Preach.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]