Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monk- Ki Reawakening
I agree with autumn on the changes from regular stats to the things that they provide, as this is the easy solution to raw stats being hit by massive diminishing returns. I would like to see something a little more flavourful for such a cool skill tacked on though besides just the way the cost functions, whether it be positive or negative.

Gotta agree with shujin on the hp costs though. Haven’t really run the numbers to know if the suggested change might be a little too small a cost, but I have certainly run the numbers on current ki awoken. Right now, even if you build around ki awoken and don’t go over soft cap in basically anything but skill, you’ll be lucky to break even on extra damage vs the 5% hp cost on your very first turn, let alone actually get ahead with it (this is also assuming the activation was essentially free due to you having some space to do so without giving your opponent a free attack while you’re activating it). Every turn after that, you’re literally just killing your self for your opponent if you continue. Obviously this would be slightly easier to overcome with the scaled down bonus stats issue dealt with, but it’ll take a lot more than that to make ki awoken practical with its current hp cost.