Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dragon King Set
So, with the recent addition of another item to the set (which still just adds +5% strength) I feel like at least it could use an adjustment to be made viable whatsoever.

Even if not to the set itself, the item in question (which I do not have to give specifics), /only/ acts as a part of the set, thus only gives +5% strength. It seems good until you realize that for every 20 STR you have, you get 1 STR. Meaning that in order to gain a benefit greater than the items we already have that do that, you'd need 100 STR (and to make it comparable/useful at all, you'd need 80.)

Maybe a bigger bonus for having more pieces of the set beyond +5% str each?
10% better alternative would say
It's fine and will only get better as more items are added to the set. As always, note that it applies to your total strength, so hitting 80 or even higher STR values is not difficult at all.
I guess a 6 piece set (Weapon, Armor, Sub-Hand, Feet, Acc 1, Acc 2) would be useful, assuming it had decent stats. Because then that would be 30% total, and 20+(20*.3)=26, and I guess that's maybe better. Maybe. Barely.

45+(45*.3)=58.5=~58

60+(60*.3)=78

For making me feel safer in saying it might be fine as is.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
If you're wearing a 6 piece set, you're losing out on variety Entirely. Don't these BONUSES, cap at 20?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5742#p5742 Wrote:Neus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:20 pm[/url]"]It's fine and will only get better as more items are added to the set. As always, note that it applies to your total strength, so hitting 80 or even higher STR values is not difficult at all.

For someone with 60-79 str, wearing say, a black heart and a warrior's ring would be just as good--as it stands. I'm aware having more pieces of the set will make it better, but the only item slot that /can't/ give you STR (and more of it than 5% of your str at 60-79 would be--) is the foot slot.

If you /really/ want to go balls out and max out your STR and nothing but, this set still doesn't compete, but if you don't want it to be the end all be all of STR buffing, well, so be it.
I'd say we leave it until more pieces are added so we get the full picture before touching the numbers etc
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5755#p5755 Wrote:Rendar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:52 am[/url]"]If you're wearing a 6 piece set, you're losing out on variety Entirely. Don't these BONUSES, cap at 20?

Bonuses given by the Dragon King set do not count towards the maximum effect bonus, and do not have any sort of cap themself.
The set bonus isn't really that bad; if you're stacking STR, it'll buff you up like steroids within steroids.

However, the set items should have more to them than just that damn set bonus. The armor's stats make up for it, but the accessory is a prime example; seriously, would it kill to give the accessory at least something like 5-10% Fire Resistance?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye