Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.62c] Incon-Shift-ency
Shift Strike uses a weapon unique to the youkai you have installed. There's a lot of inconsistency with what bonuses or skill interactions do and don't apply with Shift Strike. The debug info lists the type of weapons youkai Shift Strikes are.

Some of these are guns, which being guns, apply Magic Gunner's shells as expected.

However, some of these Shift Strikes are bows, but they do not apply Archer's elemental arrows.

[Image: OGQ3LV8.png]

Have arrows.

[Image: T1Zq0sy.png]

Install Bow-kai while having arrows.

[Image: 9jIKoNZ.png]

Ye gods, there is no fire arrow effect! No fire damage, nor an attempt to inflict burn.

[Image: WcBTJIc.png]

Behold a miracle, for Apus' shift strike, a gun, applies Chain Shell.

I would carefully assume the arrows not working is a bug.

There are very few select passives/innates that work with Shift Strike - Keyshot from Archer applies to bows.

[Image: D8TKycX.png?1]

[Image: 0o7CGFn.png?1]

77 vs 92 - a difference of 15, exactly what Keyshot provides bows. But the range and hit increases from talents, Snipe and Dynamic Shooting don't apply, as between these tests I put points into those two innates.

I won't pretend to know what the criteria for skills applying on shift strike weapons is (and therefore if any of this is a bug) but shells and their on-hit affects applying to guns but arrows and their on-hit effects NOT applying to bows seems remarkably unfair!
number 1 GTer EU
This should be corrected for special arrows and Dynamic Shooting.

Range increases won't apply even if this is changed. There are probably a number of other inconsistencies with Shift Strike due to the way the a lot of 'is weapon type' checks work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neus's post:
  • JamOfBoy
As of v.2.63b, Archer's innates and passives are applying, granting extra hit.

Special arrows don't seem to be applying, though. Same testing conditions, no fire arrow damage or burn inflict.
number 1 GTer EU
I believe special arrows are applying on basic attack (for things like the ice sheets), but not the on hit effect damage, which should be corrected in 2.64.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neus's post:
  • JamOfBoy