Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facestates, how do they work?
Idk if this goes here but it's worth a shot
I've seen people switch the state of their faceicon to convey different character emotions or some sort, i also know how to change it, but the problem is, idk how to set one up
I got a full set of faceicons drawn in different states but i don't know how to add more than just the default one
I tried searching around but i either am searching wrong or it just hasn't been asked
It'd really help me with rp stuff if i can physically show emotion a bit better
Essentially you make a .dmi with a whole bunch of different expressions, name them as such in their icon states, and then upload it to your character once you finish making it. From there you just select a from a list of the expressions you made in the .dmi and it switches them for you. Unless you use macros.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5749#p5749 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:47 am[/url]"]Essentially you make a .dmi with a whole bunch of different expressions, name them as such in their icon states, and then upload it to your character once you finish making it. From there you just select a from a list of the expressions you made in the .dmi and it switches them for you. Unless you use macros.
That clears up a bit of the process, however i am a complete newbie when it comes to Dream Maker and all that so i got no idea how to actually make a proper dmi file
I tried looking at it myself but have instantly come at a halt for it really
Dunno if there's a guide on it anywhere
Just make a new environment when you start DM, call it icons. Afterward, make a new .dmi file from the file menu and name it after the character, afterward, once you have a size set (96 x 96 is ideal), just copypasta them into the giant white box, and double click a few spaces below it to enter an icon state, which you name as an expression. After you have them all lined out, just save it and upload it.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

There we go, it works
Now they are rather pixelated from the size though, hmm
What is the big display dimensions may i ask?
By that i mean the dimensions of faceicons when you set them to appear as big
16 x 16, 32 x 32, and 96 x 96

There we go, it's all fixed now
Thanks for the help, this'll greatly improve what i can do