Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
nerf divine shower
I think just not making them Auto hit will already go a long way.
I have found in my own experience that divine shower can be very oppressive on doomwalls that might just forego building hit entirely because they can just face tank everything while spamming divine shower over and over until they win. Slap on a few extra tools to cover the weaknesses of said one dimensional strategy and you have a stupid powerful and mind numbingly boring and annoying build to fight and use.

High range/AOE plus evasion ignore is a very potent mix, often to an unfair degree.
[-] The following 4 users Like sadbot's post:
  • K Peculier, Pyro, Shujin, Snake
i just find it peculiar that quaking tap was just removed from global, wasnt an autohit and only had elemental scaling, but divine wasn't. I believe the community had an earlier consensus that global spells should be niche and few if not all opressive. In the case of being opressive? Divine shower fits the bill as well. Ease of countering such a spell may as well be a hit check, or a scaling reduction, possibly even a lantern bearer mechanic where the damage falls off severely beyond a certain point. Another point to consider is Priest itself wont lose its functionality with changes to Divine shower. There is alot of upfront dps for the class to shit out still with the most potent support skills also available and several ways to heal. Many healing buttons, much dps. Can't justify both all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaTeD's post:
  • Pyro
A) Remove the blind.
B) Remove the damage.

This is the only way we can have this not ignoring evade.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • HaTeD, Shujin
how about first off we consider this.... WHY... is... PRIEST... The SUPPORT CLASS.... having spells with HIGH DPS??? Nerf that fucking damage scale. Period. I mean on everything. Lower the damage because THE SUPPORT is not supposed to be the CARRY.... Period.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • HaTeD
Because Paladin archetypes are a thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Pyro
Paladins are a thing sure but their spells shouldn't be overbearingly free to spam and keep up with actual casters MEANT to be damage oriented while also using a defensive stat to heal and deal damage at once.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • HaTeD
Lots of traction on this topic, just gonna quickly give my two cents:

Divine shower and Enma's Summons need a cooldown. They are powerful, but they are not broken. What tips them over the edge to me, is their spammability. Enma's especially with HSDW and the Evoker's +30% damage to evocation spells is also a big factor into it. But I can see why divine shower is equally opressive.

I hadn't played the game in about a year and a half, before Korvara. I logged in, fought a hexer, saw them spam enma's and I remember saying:
"WHAT THE HELL, THIS DOESN'T HAVE A COOLDOWN?" I was actually floored at the time.

I think that a two or three turn cooldown would be fine, personally. (Though it'll make grinding annoying! Cooldown for 3 turns if it damages a player? :') )
(08-24-2022, 09:11 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: Paladins are a thing sure but their spells shouldn't be overbearingly free to spam and keep up with actual casters MEANT to be damage oriented while also using a defensive stat to heal and deal damage at once.

Well on this, they don't. Evoker has damage bonuses to all evocations for a reason. And if it's an evoker priest, then you can no longer say that they're strictly support as a class combination. Divine shower just has the problem where it's pretty lackluster/okay in a 1v1 or 2v2 but as a global AoE it's just downright oppressive in a 4v4.

With that said, people complain about summon spams and the like all the time and AoE is the answer to that so nerfing it would be another big boost to people whose build involves adding more numbers to the board.